New Toy

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
aren't inventors engineers though? even if sometimes not on paper, but think it about. it takes an engineer to build something... most of the above, created and built something new. so, don't they thereby qualify for the title of engineer?

but honestly, i didn't realize this thread was limited to engineers. :)

AainaA

engineers are engineers. They can't invent unless they are spurred to in that direction. Unless you're spurred in that direction, only can one invent. Hence to say that Engineers are inventors and/or viceversa is scandalous. So if I can invent something does that make me an engineer? No way! I'm not and I don't intend to be ever.

Most engineers follow some stupid formulae, and stick to some idiotic code of ethics {sorry Pipit! - no disrespect for engineers intended}. The word inventor was "created" for inventors - people who think, and are most likely to be insane like Leonardo da Vinci or Carl {Karl} Benz, the German inventor and mechanical engineer who designed and in 1885 built the world's first practical automobile to be powered by an internal-combustion engine.

gitit?

AainaA

you don't have to agree with me. I want my opinions to be whole, not halved by someone agreeing with me :p

my dad is a professional engineer and i think he intends to have his coffin marked with the Ir. a top it when he goes off.. He talks highly of engineers, so if i sound a bit condescending when it comes to engineers, please don't take it too seriously.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
my father is a engineer as well and i went to school to become one, but unfortunetly wasn't able to finish.

AainaA

my whole family is made up of engineers - they think they belong to a special class of twits. I hope whomever I fall in love with ever, is NOT an engineer. I can't imagine myself living with one who keeps on believing they are the only ones who are always right.

[tab]

Opera/Firefox on Debian
Staff member
AainaA said:
I can't imagine myself living with one who keeps on believing they are the only ones who are always right.
You'll be fine as long as you don't live with a woman...

AainaA

Very funny! but the worst part is to live under one roof with humans with egoes as big as their appetite!

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol... than you probably wouldn't want to live with me. although, i know i am not always right and love to prove my dad wrong, whenever i get the chance. lol