Best Laptops for Graphic Designing

wiliamjoan

I am using DELL studio at work places and home
Dell Studio 17: 2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB DDR Ram 800MHz, 250 GB HDD, 256MB ATI® Mobility Radeon HD 3650, Windows Vista Home Premium SP1.
The job could get done with a lot less in the "power" department such as 2GB of memory rather than 4GB or a 1.8 GHz Processor rather than a 2.5 Ghz which in turn saves you a few bucks. Therefore use what works for you and your pocket.

aracaris

For designing use laptop with AMD processor. It supports graphics well.

I've never had a computer with an AMD processor before, but I'm considering getting one in my next desktop PC, which I'll definitely be building myself. Do you think that they are just as good as Intel? Anything to watch out for with them?

MoreGun89

Personally I work on a Dell XPS M1330 13.3", I hook it up to a larger monitor and design on the bigger monitor. Usually hook it up to my TV afterwards to test on different resolutions. Overall, I believe it is a combination of what system you feel most comfortable using and which graphic design program you are running on it. I can't stand MAC to be honest, I seem to break them just by looking, they don't like to listen :p

v2Media

My mac powerbook is now a doorstop. Currently using an Asus N90S. Not really a laptop but a mobile desktop replacement. Sh!ts on anything I've used before. Why? Full res HD 18.4" screen, oversided full keyboard with left number keys, bluray, good gfx card and the list goes on.

When I first saw it in the shops I laughed - thought it was a joke. But then I trialled it. Bloody Nora! It's made for people my size. I'm 6'6" with huge hands. Working on laptops was painful before - would have to contort my hands to operate keyboard. Not with this baby! I love my N90S.

anna

Personally I work on a Dell XPS M1330 13.3", I hook it up to a larger monitor and design on the bigger monitor. Usually hook it up to my TV afterwards to test on different resolutions. Overall, I believe it is a combination of what system you feel most comfortable using and which graphic design program you are running on it. I can't stand MAC to be honest, I seem to break them just by looking, they don't like to listen :p

A computer is only as smart as the operator. :)