Armageddon...

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
AainaA said:
and btw, my current reading is has to do with German Philosophers/philosophy, and.... a plethora of other books too..
hmmm... anything specific you are looking for?
AainaA said:
but somehow could never read prophecies as it tend to always be overated
this series of books reads more like any other scifi/fantasy book. however, the story line is based on the prophecies straight out of the bible.

AainaA

zkiller said:
hmmm... anything specific you are looking for?

this series of books reads more like any other scifi/fantasy book. however, the story line is based on the prophecies straight out of the bible.
Dirk has filled me in with german philos - apparently he said the list of books will put me up to about 10 years of good reading. Anyways, as to the arm... the bible is not the only great books where prophecies have been overated - thus my avoiding reading about prophecies. As to sci-fi, I think reading men {the human populace} is quite a tedious task as it is already, and bte {by the end} of the season, I would have actually gathered that something outta it :D

later,

AainaA

opps... so as not to have a tagline "edited by..." at the end of the above, the last sentence should read

and bte {by the end} of the season, I would have actually gathered something outta it :D

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
AainaA said:
and bte {by the end} of the season, I would have actually gathered something outta it :D
and what would that be???

as per the book... i don't know, regardless of wether you read it because of what it's based on or not, which i personally am not, it's a cool book. it's easy to read and has a lot of interesting things in it. if it wasn't based on a prophecy from the bible, it would still be a good scifi/fantasy book. :)

i am in no way trying to imply that you should read it. many people wouldn't even care for such classics as the hobbit, so it's to each their own, but i for one just found it interesting that it was based on something straight out of the bible.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i didn't figure out what it was based on untill after i started reading it. it was just a book that i found laying around at one of our gates and i started reading it out of bordom.

AainaA

zkiller said:
and what would that be???

as per the book... i don't know, regardless of wether you read it because of what it's based on or not, which i personally am not, it's a cool book. it's easy to read and has a lot of interesting things in it. if it wasn't based on a prophecy from the bible, it would still be a good scifi/fantasy book. :)

i am in no way trying to imply that you should read it. many people wouldn't even care for such classics as the hobbit, so it's to each their own, but i for one just found it interesting that it was based on something straight out of the bible.
yeah i know you weren't implying anything... or even if i should read it, but you know, i used to read prophecies too aeons ago, and the more i read it, the less it made me want to live, or even bother of adopting babies or whatever...

the one I read was written in the last century, and most of its prophecies has been euh... "realised" so to speak. Dunno if its available at Amazon.com, but here's the title should anyone be interested in reading...

"Israel, and the Prophecies of the Holy Qur'aan"
in reference to Gog / Magog

later,

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
AainaA said:
"Israel, and the Prophecies of the Holy Qur'aan"
in reference to Gog / Magog

later,
i'll have to look into that. probably won't buy the book, but i would still like to get an idea as to what it's about...

some of the prophecies i have read actually made me laugh. i don't know, but some people have come up with some crazy stuff in the past as well as present. honestly though, the end of the world has been prophecied many times over. many even with an estimated date and yet, we are still here. the world as we know it will of course someday come to an end. be it as one of the many prophecies described or not. be it sooner or later, i am living for the today, for the now... of course i also make plans for the future, but what matters most is what's now. it's not the meaning of life that matters in my opinion. it's the feeling of life! don't let any of these so called prophecies get you down my dear...

AainaA

no i'm not being detered by anything just yet ..... though I can tell you one thing... the future you're living in, is a future going backwards, and since the earth is now spinning in its "new" direction, the time is surely coming...

i had a dream when i was in the middle east in july 2004

that the world was ravaged by ice and water, and there was only one person left before the drawing of the veils...

i'd hate to think of whom the person would be...

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
sorry if i gave you the wrong impression, but i live in the now! :)

you have all sorts of crazy dreams, don't you? i wish i could for once just remember one of mind. *shrug*

AainaA

yeah my dreams may seem crazy, but i've seen the gulf war amongst other things 10 years before it really happened in your world

as to living the now, it all depends on which angle you're referring to :p

zkiller said:
sorry if i gave you the wrong impression, but i live in the now! :)

you have all sorts of crazy dreams, don't you? i wish i could for once just remember one of mind. *shrug*

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
well... as i am sure you know... i live in my own little world, so it would be kind of hard to figure out a way to truely define time or now for the matter.

but honestly, i think you know what i mean. ;)

AainaA

heh you're worst than... chroder.. you post whore you!! I know you're getting your post counts higher than chroder.. poor bird, but still.. yeah I know what you mean :p

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol... come on now, i'm not that bad. besides, chroder will surpass me again while i am a sleep and i am still a couple of posts short. still crazy though.... over 70 posts in about 24 hrs.! :D

AainaA

albeit you're bad, or the grrls won't get attracted to you :D
and yes, 70 posts over 24 hours... hmmmm if each post equates to 1 dollar, you'd be $70 richer by now ...

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
heh... if i got paid a dollar for every post i make, i would quit my day, well actually, night job in an instant and retire! :D that would be great!!!

not sure what you mean about me being bad? :confused: