Your valued opinion, please

StephanieCordray

I have seen it, :). You can probably find a script for rotating images on javascriptsource.com that will work for ya... that way the image will change automatically as the page is refreshed. I like the girl with the jar. Not sure what significance she has to your site but it's an interesting pic.

Winterchase

Love it...

StephanieCordray said:
I have seen it, :). You can probably find a script for rotating images on javascriptsource.com that will work for ya... that way the image will change automatically as the page is refreshed. I like the girl with the jar. Not sure what significance she has to your site but it's an interesting pic.

... but this little red-neck from the Georgia mountains ain't goin' there with that poke. To change it to a slide show, while, granted, very artistic, as has been suggested by a certain redhead who is asleep on my livingroom floor at the moment and therefore can't defend herself, would, I feel, focus the viewer's attention on what's coming next, not what follows.

The girl with the jar? I don't know either, only that I, like you and the redhead (her name is Susan, BTW), happen to like the picture. Perhaps it's Pandora's Box being opened? Ah, an attempt to but "Cheat The Eye."

Just to let you and everybody else on the forum know, I'm having a lot of fun with this web site thing, and thanks for putting up with me. I know I can be a real pain in the ....

StephanieCordray

It's nice to see somebody hang around once their problems are somewhat solved. Most drop in, ask their questions or post their offers, then leave. It sure feels like a ghost town sometimes. Lived in GA for a number of years. It's too flat down there. Moved to Nashville which is better. After I moved here I married my Mississippi beach bum... don't worry, he calls me a hillbilly and I'm proud to be one.

I wouldn't add a slide show either unless you are going to tie it to your scripts somehow.

Winterchase

A matter of space

StephanieCordray said:
It's nice to see somebody hang around once their problems are somewhat solved. Most drop in, ask their questions or post their offers, then leave. It sure feels like a ghost town sometimes. Lived in GA for a number of years. It's too flat down there. Moved to Nashville which is better. After I moved here I married my Mississippi beach bum... don't worry, he calls me a hillbilly and I'm proud to be one.

I wouldn't add a slide show either unless you are going to tie it to your scripts somehow.

In my business, all that I have to sell on a web site is the name, to burn it into the mind of the viewer so deep he'll remember it - if I'm lucky. To reach that objective, a subtle change in the site as he switches from looking at one of the script samples back to the main page might help.

You guys in business must behave yourselves and stick to more or less a standard formula in your designs. I'm not expected to. My site wouldn't fly in the business world and I know it. Instead, I'm expected to have mine "different," although some writers have 'em as boring as dirt. Still, I want to show a little (acquired) "class."

Now that I have my very own domain name (as of yesterday) and the likelyhood of free web hosting with no restrictions (maybe) on bandwidth, I'm now thinking of putting what is called a "reel" on the site. A reel is a movie showing clips of the movies I've been involved with - especially the credits, grip and grin pics of me and celebs, and all that junk. I can also spice it up by adding music that fits the mood of the script samples. That would be neat, having someone to score a web site! If Pat Williams isn't too busy counting his Oscars, maybe he could....

Yeah, there are all kinds of artsy-craftsy things possible, so I'll be around - often I'm afraid.

SiteExpress

I am looking forward to seeing your site grow WC. It will also be nice to see a sample of your work. Keep up the good work.