wp template and custom header

snikadin

Hi everyone!
I'm new here and have been looking for a solution to my problem for some time now. I have a wp template installed on my host. The template is bobv3 (blog oh blog version 3). I really like the template and this is how I want my wp blog set up but I have problems with their header/logo.

I have made a header myself
niceheader.jpg

What I've come up with as of now is
My website

which I have no idea how to integrate into this template. First of it wont fit, so I have found out that I need to change some php in the stylesheet.css which I can do to make the template header higher. However, it's black and the background behind the website is black as well as you can see. I can change those colours as well though. But my logo is not as broad as the span of the black header so it will just end in the middle of the header, check out my website please.

So it's not really congruent. Any advice on how I can make it better lookign is appreciated, many thanks!!!

Snikadin

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
First off, I would switch out the background of the search box with a png image giving it a transparent background. Then I would extend the header image and make it fit the full width of the layout. This would of course require some additional edits to the template. I have included a quick hack job of the two images I have mentioned in this post.

Attachments

• niceheader.jpg
    niceheader.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 67
  • search.png
    search.png
    701 bytes · Views: 70

snikadin

thank you very much zkiller.
It looks awesome :D

The search box is still a grey background, no? Do you mean that I need to change the background in the png image to a transparent one? Any ideas on where I should put it?

thanks again,
snikadin

Last edited:

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
thank you very much zkiller.
It looks awesome :D

The search box is still a grey background, no? Do you mean that I need to change the background in the png image to a transparent one? Any ideas on where I should put it?

thanks again,
snikadin
By background I meant the black border around the box. This would allow it to blend in better regardless of where you place your search box.