Wow!!!

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
this site hasn't had a new post in a good while! feels like a ghost town around here ian, it's about time you get this place spidered! :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Well this site hasnt yet been indexed in google, it has been submitted, quite possibly this new google sandbox effect where sites arent listed for around three months or something like that, then again it could be something else, I guess I am putting it all down to the education process, and learning one very important lesson in the process.
Some of the other sites I started took a while to finally get indexed in google, it aint like the old days....

[tab]

Opera/Firefox on Debian
Staff member
Somebody had better do something... we need 100 members before 1 January 2005 or I'm in a lot of trouble.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
No, nobody do anything till after January 1, 2005 :D
Hopefully this site will get listed in google wihin around 3 momths of when it was started, must check starting date....
It just feels strange promoting a forum like this, until it gets a pagerank.
Now that computerforum.com has finished the header design (thanks to Chroders help), I am going to tackle the task of this site over this weekend.

Chroder

You should write an article while you do these things. "How I promoted two message boards, by Ian <lastname>" :p

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Chroder said:
You should write an article while you do these things. "How I promoted two message boards, by Ian <lastname>" :p
what two, there is going to be 5 all up eventually, after many years.
Then im calling it a day as far as forums go, no more, no way no how.

[tab]

Opera/Firefox on Debian
Staff member
Chroder said:
Be careful Ian, this guy's 1337 h4x0ring led him to my name...

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure I will settle on this blue, but I think this site does need a dark edge to it, It has enough light colors with the page and post background.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I messed around with the shade of blue again, the dark blue looked too much like computerforum.com

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I am going to change it, doesnt somehow look symetrical or something like that.

Chroder

That quote bubble looks cool. Looks like it needs anti-aliasing though (on the text of the logo as well). The W's look like they have sharp corners.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I know what you mean, not sure how to fix it though, will have to experiment....
By the way, do you mind if I modify some of the pages you created for me for computerforum.com such as the leaderboard etc and use it here?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
gee, now Im wondering what you said before you edited the post :D
Thanks Chroder.

Chroder

It said "Not at all", but I thought you might take it as "No! Not at all!" instead of "Sure, don't mind at all". So I edited to include the quote :p

[tab]

Opera/Firefox on Debian
Staff member
I like the cartoon bubble too... but there's like an inch gap between it and the text logo (at least in Opera).

Now that I look at it again it reminds me of "WTF???"... hehe