Which one is to learn

webleaner

Hello
Guys
This is a learner in web designing and programming field. Please suggest me ok
1. Is Flash with actionscript 3.0 and flex is good or javaScript and css

thanks

ishie

Start with the basic. Learn the basic html and css codes using Dreamweaver first, then proceed to other software.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
point taken. hands help!

flash is on the way out.
i'd actually start by learning html/css then learn how to implement JS.

Dorky

point taken. hands help!

flash is on the way out.
i'd actually start by learning html/css then learn how to implement JS.

that must be why all the new mobile device makers are just now spending million$ to produce flash enabled phones and google is working on indexing flash components. :rolleyes:

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
that must be why all the new mobile device makers are just now spending million$ to produce flash enabled phones and google is working on indexing flash components.

haha.
flash - mobile devices - require plugin - therefore send away prospective clients.

google - indexing - "working on" is the key point here. as it stands its not good SEO practice.

flash - on way out - learn html5 and you'll understand what I'm implying.

seriously - how many "flash built" sites do you see these days compared to a few years back?

flash usage is on the decline as more and more jquery, html5 and css options become available and render it almost entirely useless.

take <audio> and <video> tags.
no need for flash players anymore.

jquery can do simple image fades and galleries so there is no need to do that on flash anymore either.

canvas/html5 are making headway into game developement too so you will see that flash games are now looking like more hassle to build then they are worth.

if they truly are spending millions on apps then they clearly have their fingers off the pulse.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
they are only spending millions on it because it is a flawed 3d party system that isnt intuitive, unlike standards compliant websites that will work on all mobile platforms.

Almo99

Hello
Guys
This is a learner in web designing and programming field. Please suggest me ok
1. Is Flash with actionscript 3.0 and flex is good or javaScript and css

thanks

Start with English, then proceed to CSS and JavaScript. ;)

Absolution

I remember someone asked me to do flash on their website. All they wanted was an image in a flash file. I was totally confused why they wanted this, but I did it for them anyway lol.

Anyway my recommendation is HTML5+CSS3 then Javascript (Maybe PHP down the line since it has similar syntax).