Which is the best font for a "Text-Logo" creation?

Goodday my pals,
I want to design a logo for my web design company using text. That is, GOLDENWATERS in bold, then a thick horizontal line beneath. Then with the words under the line: Systems Limited. This will have a small font.
My Question: what will be the most catchy font to use as the fonts i need are not in photoshop, illustrator, fireworks.
Thanks,
Golden Waters

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's part of being a designer! Really for your company I think only you can make that definitive decision. You can us for feedback on some of your choices though...we will gladly let you know what does and doesn't work.

Start with some sketches. Begin with paper, end with computer.
I would take a look at some free font libraries, there are many. Just search "free fonts" in Google.
Being a design company, you want something catchy/stylish. The way you mentioned you logo above gave me the impression of a law firm. Solid, simple, plain, and kinda boring. Just saying.

Fireproofgfx

I like mixing up ARIAL and ARIAL BOLD

LIKE SO:
GOLDENWATER
S Y S T E M S L I M I T E D​

Mess with the letter spacing to make it closer and then with the Systems Limited Spread the letter spacing out and make it smaller text.

maybe do something similar with this logo for the water.

Sorry, once I saw the name you wanted to work with my mind just went for it lol... I hope this helps you out.

Last edited:

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try comic sans. Its the font all designers love!

Seriously tho. Just try ideas until u r happy with it.then bring it here for critique if u need further help.

jumpingspider

I would agree,that it's all up to you. If you are satisfied with your outcome definitely it will turn out great!

There are a lot of ideas that you can have,but it will be your idea only that will make you satisfied!

che09

I would agree,that it's all up to you. If you are satisfied with your outcome definitely it will turn out great!

There are a lot of ideas that you can have,but it will be your idea only that will make you satisfied!

Well pointed out! I would say that if you are satisfied with your work it will definitely show!

printchesco

It depends on what "look" you're going for. It could be either a unique script font or some bold, really heavy fonts, but you wouldn't know until you know what your company image is. Would you care to give some more information?

Try comic sans. Its the font all designers love!

Seriously tho. Just try ideas until u r happy with it.then bring it here for critique if u need further help.

Okay so its slightly off topic but I have a co-worker of mine who has set his office communicator to Comic-Sans just to annoy me,lol