Where to start searching for webdevolpment projects

kensha

I was wondering where do I start with searching for vacany for webdevolpment.

I´m looking for temporary projects which you can do at home and get paid for the job.

In time I have growend up with the programing languages of HTML,CSS, Javascript and JQeury and some Ajax.
Not mention the linkbuilding.

Still learning Javascript and learning in PHP with mySQL mine next step.

http://www.virtualr-animation.com/

This is mine site to show off mine programing skills [not design skills]

Anyway I was wondering where the hell do I start the search and how must I enter search keywords for these kind of projects on the vacancy websites?

notarypublic

The better approach would be word of mouth. Get business cards, hunt for places with bad (or no) websites, and start getting your name out there. Your own web development website isn't a bad idea either - Any portfolio work that you can show off will put you that much further ahead of the competition.

krymson

The better approach would be word of mouth. Get business cards, hunt for places with bad (or no) websites, and start getting your name out there. Your own web development website isn't a bad idea either - Any portfolio work that you can show off will put you that much further ahead of the competition.

This is basically where i am i and im doing what notary is saying. Spent 8 bucks on vista print for 200 business cards then keep like 10-15 in your wallet at all times. every time you go out is a business opportunity. So in this case it has meant a change in life style for me. I used to be a skateboarder and i dressed as such. Since I have started making web design and development my career I have had to change my appearance. Cut my hair, clean shave, casual to nice clothes but still comfortable because you never know when you're gonna meet a business owner and its going to be out of the blue walking down the street and that's going to be your first impression. So you always have to be prepared. Also you have to know where to look for work whether your out in the world or behind your computer.

My top places to go is:
www.odesk.com - Very reliable, TONS of work, and a secure payment system with a desktop api to track time spent on hourly jobs to ensure no one is getting ripped off.

www.freelancer.com - Like odesk but without the desktop app. TONS of work

www.craigslist.org - the BEST place to look for work locally. Meet up with potential clients over some coffee or something. Go to a place with wifi and a laptop. Show your clients you're serious about what you do.

This was my little rant about what im doing. This year in January was the point in my life that i decided this is what i want to to so im still in the beginning stages of my business but I'd like to think i gotta solid business plan and foundation. Most importantly you have to spend money to make money. Don't be afraid to buy your potential clients a cup of coffee. Buy business cards they're IMPORTANT. With that said that should start you of with a solid foundation.

Last edited:

mrandrei

There are a lot of freelancer sites online. Try your luck there. I particularly like posting in getafreelancer.com. Odesk is also pretty reliable..

locpicker

Try the other forums out there. That is what I am doing. I am going to add my ad here when I get enough posts.

No matter what they say, the economy is still soft for us from what I can see.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is mine site to show off mine programing skills [not design skills]
The BEST place to start is to redesign that website, showing off your design skills. When it comes to netting clients, you have to bear in mind that they have no idea how to appreciate what's under the hood, so they go with what they see. Design cannot be an afterthought...ever.
Once you've taken care of that, move on to notary's response, and get out there on social networks. Your local Chamber of Commerce should have regular meetings for local businesses. Show up well dressed with your portfolio and let people know what you do.