what web design software should i use?

symbosis

i will be looking to build a site that features a blog, possible e-commerce, possibly some type of forum, and will be .mobi

thanks

Mug

Word Press and the various other CMS systems like Joomla will do just fine. If you haven't had previous experience installing WP or don't have server experience you may want to find someone to do it for you. It will usually take us three hours max to set up an Amazon instance, buy/point the domain and set up the CMS backend. As to what that would cost, it would depend who you got to do it. There are a few services that provided you use their hosting they will set it all up for free. Be aware thought that small hosting might be okay for now but as your blog grows you may need more server umphh!!

arsaif

you may use any content management system like dhrupal ,magento , wordpress, joomla etc.

Last edited:

symbosis

thanks for all the replies, ill consider magento although my ecommerce section will be minimal, but ive been demoing joomla and it seems perfect

ionapostol

Hi man,
for e commerce I strongly recommend you prestashop123 is free and very good.
For blog and normaly sites I recommend you WISIWYG Web builder 7.5.1 it can do everything includin blog , registration forms with password and many ,many things.
Is very easy to use.

eonic

There is also zen cart for ecommerce, magento seems to take forever to add products. Prestashop is very good for attributes, blog plugin is lacking, but there is i think an integration for drupal. You could consider using or designing a bespoke cms also - we have designed our own and it tries to tackle the issue of a proper CMS with proper ecommerce functionality, works very well.

Brody

What would you guys recommend for a non-blog CMS? I'd like to set up my clients with a functional website that isn't a blog that they can update themselves in future (images and text)

eonic

It is fairly difficult to get a cms to do that straight out of the box - but there are plugins to help you do this. We use our own platform but for your needs joomla might be the best bet as integrating logins with forums can be done with the community builder. Ecommerce wise i dont think it is the best though....