Website Review

benjamin.morgan

For one don't use such a big font on the forum, it is quite annoying. Also on the website it might look better if you put the ad under the category list. Remember the site is for the users.

AsheSkyler

Why do people use such large fonts on forums and websites? Is the world slowly going blind and nobody told me? Or does everybody now browse the internet from their TV while they sit on the couch fifteen feet away?

That aside, the Psychics page kinda looks like the classifieds. I think it could be spaced out a bit. Name on first line, phone number on next line, description on next, etc.

Could the Home and Welcome pages be combined? Why are the separate at all?

The Store has double entries on the Moldavite crystals.

Four on the Quotes needs to have the author names closer to their quotes. I like to have either the quotes or names italicized to have them be more distinct from each other, but that's just personal preference.

Finally, needs color! Some pastels, a few swirlies and speckles in the background, or something. All the grey makes it look like as dusty as an attic.

Mojo

I don't mind the font size but maybe a different font? I would install the Google Fonts plugin and find something that better matches your logo. Some padding in the lower boxes between the text and the edge of the boxes would be good.

On the welcome page I would unlink the two photos so they don't go to a large image.

The sidebar I would get rid of one box of text ads, and move the search box to the top. The categories box looks dull, the font size is maybe a little big, the list is very plain and could use a little styling, the title could use some padding. I would add a "recent posts" widget if you can showing titles and thumbnails if possible of a few posts from the blog.

Now the Psychics page... You need bigger images of each psychic if you can get them, and unlink the images. I would also put a little more info about each person if you can and maybe not as many.

The blog looks ok but the posts need a bit better formatting, I'd wrap some of the text around the small photos for instance. I always use a photo or two in each post also, I usually don't link it to the larger photo. Sometimes I will link photos to other sites or links within the site. I always use at least one so I have a featured image for the thumbnail.

On the quotes page maybe use blockquotes? I'd also use an image that fits the width of the area and unlink it.

The contact page looks good but maybe some text at the top, make it more personable, and informative. blah blah blah...

If it's not a problem I'd remove the theme link in the footer.

Anyways, that's just my take, and what I'd do.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
all of what mojo said pretty much,

for example
Some padding in the lower boxes between the text and the edge of the boxes would be good.
something like this first box. (compared to the second...)

ss-psychics.png

taty

I'd say your font size is ok and I like it. Not everyone has zoom eyeballs to read the small text designers are trying to use now. If I go to a site and it has small text and got so much on a page where it looks like a newspaper I'll move on to another site.

Another complaint we're hearing is light colored text on a light colored background such as lite grey text on white. We hear this often especially from people that have some visual problems and people that have to wear glasses.

We took over a large ecommerce site that was failing because of the small text, difficult text color to background color to read and cluttered pages. We had to do a total rebuild on the site. It now has no eye strain with less material on the pages. Her regular clients were complaining to her about her site and she tells us now they compliment her on her site.

You never know how many viewers may be passing you over because of all the above, especially on an ecommerce site. Just because it may look kool to you it may not to a lot of other people that visit the site.

d a v e

hmm would be tempted to make some jokes about why you need a contact form - surely if the advisors are psychic then they should know beforehand who needs help and all their details.
but
that would be crass so i shall refrain from doing so

Lizyd Design

Perhaps also try combine some of the menu elements? Make some dropdowns or something. I got tired just looking all the potential things I could click on.