Website Review - Fashion Design

abaz

Hi,
I have just launched an independent website for aspiring fashion enthusiast and designer Radhika Gupta. Includes artwork, fashion sketches, resume and contact information for Radhika Gupta
- and I would like to have some feedback about design elements, the layout, user friendliness all the like. Would not say that the site is finished to the level I am working towards but I would like to catch any issues sooner rather than later.
Any suggestions as to improvements would be stella,
Many Thanks
Alex

http://www.goldenbellpepper.com

ahk2chan

Hi, I have 2 comments:

1. Font... The content font doesn't go well with the site. Maybe choose another more artistic font?
  2. Resume... I would also make an HTML page for the resume, with a downloadable PDF.

adx

Nice touch with the image gallery! Though I think it'd be better off if you cut down on the gallery dimensions. A lot of people will have to scroll up and down to view the whole image area, including me. I also think that the black background color is a little out of place when the rest of your site is very colorful. Oh, and when you hover over the thumbnails your paragraph tags are visible.

Last edited:

abaz

Many Thanks for the feedback,
I thought there would be many more errors hehe
Would you suggest making the resume html page in the same style or making it a new page?

Cheers!
Alex

CotswoldD

Hi
nice looking site, vibrant colours, though font doesnt work for me! Papyrus is a nice font but perhaps another would work better.

Images are great though would prefer to see them all the same size and seeing all the image instead of scrolling down.

I would recommend putting one of your images on home page and moving resume down the menu list.

Hope it helps, regards pete

inline853

i dont like it at all. that art style the blue, yellow, red, and white is just horrid. its not your fault tho.

i was disappointed to see a <td><tr>. Tables are for data not layout!!

thunderator

the colours are very sharp and hurting to eyes. i dont think anyone would be so interested in it. it looks a bit less professional. cud have been done better

Brett

your main cell needs more padding (or convert it to a div, and still - add padding) whoever said the font was wrong is correct... plus the black text doesn't stand out enough against the red for reader comfort. I'd go for white and darken your reds slightly. Not a huge fan of the color scheme in general (maybe if take it away from "true" primary system colors - experiment with saturation, hue and such - you can keep the RYB without it looking too WEB 0.5), but that's your perogative :)

3dmagicaldesign

I am very sorry but this website is really ugly, let me start my review:

1) Are you new to Colors Theory that you are using the primary colors? if so, how come you are giving any fade to any of them? once you open the website it hurts the eyes.

2) The logo seems like cropped and cutted from an old magazine and just pasted on the header

3) The images quality is very poor

4) I don't see creativity anywhere, it looks like a powerpoint 10 years old boy slideshow

5) You didn't even create a contact form, it is a must on every professional website development project

6) The Gallery images are not even optimized for web, the first image size is more then 700 kb, you should optimize it for web.

If I were you, I would redevelop the entire concept, research on the internet about fashion websites, get a concept, use an artistic Graphic Design for it. I am very sorry but this is one of the ugliest websites I've ever reviewed.

bret

The red is hard on my eyes. The unusual geometric pattern is a plus...I'd say keep it but change the color backgrounds. Best,