Website Developer Software

Shadrach

A close friend of our family has asked me to help him update his web page(purely informative site). It turns out though that the site needs so much updating that it would be better to just redo it altogether. I have some past programming experience in Java, Visual Basic, and HTML but do not have the time to brush up on everything I would need to know to help him.
Is there some reliable software I could download or purchase without breaking the bank, that could assist me in the design of this site. I would like to spend less than $200 on the software.

Thanks,
Shadrach

jnjc

Your best bet would be to look at the sites where you can buy (or get free) site templates. Look for .css based templates. Once you get one you like it'll be just a matter of filling in the content and if you have html experience then that should be easy enough.

I have never downloaded a template so I can't recommend one but I'm sure someone else on the list can recommend a good site and maybe even provide some tips....

HTH,
JC

jnjc

I have never downloaded a template so I can't recommend one but I'm sure someone else on the list can recommend a good site and maybe even provide some tips

By this I meant a good site to look for templates not an actual template....

joe

kaiz, what do you consider a professional? Anyone can do create simple web pages now days. With programs like dreamweaver and iweb creating websites is as easy as creating a flyer in MS Word.

abwebdesign

A close friend of our family has asked me to help him update his web page(purely informative site). It turns out though that the site needs so much updating that it would be better to just redo it altogether. I have some past programming experience in Java, Visual Basic, and HTML but do not have the time to brush up on everything I would need to know to help him.
Is there some reliable software I could download or purchase without breaking the bank, that could assist me in the design of this site. I would like to spend less than $200 on the software.

Thanks,
Shadrach

I would check out Microsoft Visual Developer 2008 Express Edition (IT'S FREE!)

webbie

I would recommend setting him up with a CMS like Wordpress. It is very easy to use and setup. It's free and there are thousands of tutorials on Youtube on how to use it.

designweb

You should use Jhoomla CMS - it is an open source for free and you dont need to know any programming language to install and use it.