Web shop: shop cart

boudboud147

hello, I'm new to web design, can't to allot on it but for school we have a crappy teacher because the other one quit. Now this teacher asks us for our Gip, which is very important to pass, to make a web shop with the 5 of us, he doesn't give us lessons at all, all he does is answer out questions very vaguely.
Now I've got to make a shopping cart for our shop but i don't know where to begin, we are using xampp, an mysql odbc server for a database to get our products for our shop, and use java script, php and HTML to make our web pages.

now what i think i should do is load the shop cart table, which contains the product id, product name, product price, how much of the product and the total price.

the product id should come from an array of a cookie that's called ID.
The amount of rows of the table should be the length of that array +1(for a total of all the products.)
the product name should come from the odbc database of mysql.
same for the price.
how much of the product should be a text box able to be changed,
The total should be the same as the price x how much of the product.

after this comes the part that when you just leave the page you should have a second array where the text box variables should b inserted in the same order as the product id's.
if theirs pressed on the order button, all the products should be send to the database and the cookie arrays should be cleared.
Could somebody who knows where to begin contact me asap.

With friendly regards boudboud147

dianabarone0127

I don't have any to suggest since I'm also a newbie. And I don't know much about shop cart. I'm also looking for some answers or guide on how to do it.