WDF Error?

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
let me think... snow, snow, snow, ice, rain, ice, rain, snow-rain, snow, sunny, hail... well, quite odd i guess. you'd probably like the current temperatures though. not to to cold, but it's not outside weather for me.

AainaA

how cold is cold cold cold? and how thick is snow snow snow, and how crisps are the rain snow-rain, hail?

Yes I'd love the weather - it makes for good yoga and why am I getting a hori on this fora?

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
that was just the order of the weather we have been having. the deepest snow we had in the area was about 1/2 meter deep, but it's all gone now.

AainaA

so it is going to get warmer now? Its really hot here. Practically burning.. and its not like Malaysia to be like this - you'd love it though

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
we got about 3-4 cm this morning, but it melted during the day and at one point this afternoon it hailed. i sure do hope it will start getting warmer now. i have had enough of this nasty weather. but summer time hear is more like raining season, so...

AainaA

well its going to go to 40 plus in a week's time in malaysia apparently. the meteo people warned us through the radio not to get out.. i wish it would snow, but i know this change is going to be drastic - like that huge wave in indoenesia. thank gawd pipit is okay.. i was thinking of her all the time when that happened

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we have a category 5 cyclone (cyclone ingrid) swarming around Northern queensland/darwin in Australia and the thing that strikes me as strange is I have been hearing about it in the news now for several days. I dont know anything about cyclones, but I thought they just struck, did their damage and just died out rather quickly, guess I was wrong about that.

StephanieCordray

I think cyclones are like hurricanes as in synonymous but I could be wrong. Tornadoes are the ones here that strike, do their damage, then die out (hopefully). Sometimes they touch down many times before they die.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The cyclone winds are 290km/hr at the epicentre and the radius is 120 kilometres wide which sounds very very big to me.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah, hurricans suck, but at least you normally get ampel warning. tornados show up almost spontaneously with no warning.

StephanieCordray

Yeah.... tornadoes are a lot more scary because of that, too. Hurricanes can be outrun because you have warning. Not much fun to watch, either, even from a safe distance. Did that once at work... it was about 2 miles away, or 4km if you prefer... big, too. Some are kind of skinny and don't do a whole lot of damage before they're gone or they touch down, go up, touch down again, and so forth but others have been pretty big, as much as 5 miles across.

That sounds like a pretty big hurricane to me, too. I hope everyone in its path have found a safe place.

AainaA

ian said:
Well, we have a category 5 cyclone (cyclone ingrid) swarming around Northern queensland/darwin in Australia and the thing that strikes me as strange is I have been hearing about it in the news now for several days. I dont know anything about cyclones, but I thought they just struck, did their damage and just died out rather quickly, guess I was wrong about that.

Hmmm no news about this in the Press. Could it be that the mothership is making some noise out there?