Uh Oh the search button is gone

shovenose

Banned
Well, give me your credit card number and I might fix your search button for you :D
I'm a female, I like to shop.:)

Lol! You can buy as many phones as you would like. :) also buy some 3CX licenses :p the most expensive ones preferably.

But seriously, any idea how to fix this darn thing?

chrishirst

Staff member
What's your credit card number? :D

lolwut?
I have not misplaced my CREDIT CARD i have displaced my SEARCH BUTTON :)

The implication is:

It's a commercial website, why are you not asking whomever developed (and presumably where paid for) if to fix the problem.

By the way: I'd be somewhat more concerned about the ninety (90) second wait before nothing at all loaded, than a "missing" button.

taty

Well the number one thing is I was having some fun with shovenose. He does have some humor about himself. Several people in our office have had fun with shovenose on other forums.

shovenose where did you get the navbar? I looked this morning in my workbook and saw where that happened to me.

My problem was the navbar not being long enough for the search button with all the other links on it and it would just disappear.

I solved my problem by using a Bluementals navbar. Built the navbar to the length it needed to be with all the links and the search box and button in place.

But again, this may not be your problem.

Attachments

• interaction450.jpg
    interaction450.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

shovenose

Banned
The implication is:

It's a commercial website, why are you not asking whomever developed (and presumably where paid for) if to fix the problem.

By the way: I'd be somewhat more concerned about the ninety (90) second wait before nothing at all loaded, than a "missing" button.

Instead of being rude how about you be helpful?
I basically hacked up the default template for our ecommerce platform to make it look like the rest of the site.
So I can't go ask whoever made it. Actually, I can ask myself, but that will not be very helpful. Just to humor you, let me try it.
"shovenose, what is wrong?"

OK a few people just looked at my funny. But my search button is still gone.

shovenose

Banned
Well the number one thing is I was having some fun with shovenose. He does have some humor about himself. Several people in our office have had fun with shovenose on other forums.

shovenose where did you get the navbar? I looked this morning in my workbook and saw where that happened to me.

My problem was the navbar not being long enough for the search button with all the other links on it and it would just disappear.

I solved my problem by using a Bluementals navbar. Built the navbar to the length it needed to be with all the links and the search box and button in place.

But again, this may not be your problem.
Wait a minute...
Now I know who you are!
This is funny, I have now met everybody in your office on a different forum. lol!

Anyway, that navbar came from the default theme.
http://demo.opencart.com/ that is the official demo, you can see the code.
Thanks for any help :)

taty

Wait a minute...
Now I know who you are!
This is funny, I have now met everybody in your office on a different forum. lol!

Anyway, that navbar came from the default theme.
http://demo.opencart.com/ that is the official demo, you can see the code.
Thanks for any help :)

Well ole boy you still have a long way to go since there are a lot more females in this office but you have met several of us on the forums. I know you've met Katarina (Carrie), Anna-Bleau and Bruce. It's an old family business doing several different things owned by Bruce now, Carrie, his sister in law and my aunt is the manager of this end of the business. I'll sure pass the word around to be on the hunt for ole shovenose and all I can tell you is..good luck when they nail you down :D

Your menu...it looks like a mega menu. I ran this by snoopy( Emilia) our mega menu coder. She said one thing she doesn't do is add a search box onto a mega menu, she either puts it above or below the menu on the right end of the menu if she has room there. If not then she tells the designer to put it somewhere else on the page where it's easily seen. With a mega menu site she builds the menu on a template and when she's completed it she then passes it off to the designer of that particular site.

Hope this helps, if not and you can't find a different solution I'll ask snoopy more about it tomorrow night when she comes back for her weekend duty of trying to sleep on one of the conference tables lol.

Last edited:

shovenose

Banned
Well ole boy you still have a long way to go since there are a lot more females in this office but you have met several of us on the forums. I know you've met Katarina (Carrie), Anna-Bleau and Bruce. It's an old family business doing several different things owned by Bruce now, Carrie, his sister in law and my aunt is the manager of this end of the business. I'll sure pass the word around to be on the hunt for ole shovenose and all I can tell you is..good luck when they nail you down :D
Only slightly creepy. jk jk
Your menu...it looks like a mega menu. I ran this by snoopy( Emilia) our mega menu coder. She said one thing she doesn't do is add a search box onto a mega menu, she either puts it above or below the menu on the right end of the menu if she has room there. If not then she tells the designer to put it somewhere else on the page where it's easily seen. With a mega menu site she builds the menu on a template and when she's completed it she then passes it off to the designer of that particular site.
I'm curious to know why it is a bad idea to put the search in the menu? It most definitely needs to be there there is nowhere else for it to go.
Hope this helps, if not and you can't find a different solution I'll ask snoopy more about it tomorrow night when she comes back for her weekend duty of trying to sleep on one of the conference tables lol.
Thank you, but don't lose any sleep over it :)

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
it is actually a very good idea to put it in the menu bar.

personally I think anyone who claims it to be a bad idea simply doesn't have the skills required to manage it.
(and its not that difficult - its a form, with one field and a submit button.) whack it in an li, div, whatever doesn't matter but it clearly can and if what you desire is for it to be in the navbar then it should be in the nav bar.
maybe "snoopy" just needs a refresher course? and I'm hoping she does more than just code "mega menus"
god what a f*cking drag that job would be if that's all she did...

Last edited:

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
as for your problem its a totally malformed search field.

and like chris I did not see any content display at all.
which would be more of a problem then a search bar not working in my mind as well.