The cost of a web designer

toxic_pmp

Im now going to be making websites for others who live near my area... im going to put an add in the local paper... but im not sure how much i need to charge others.. i have a builder/plumber who lives near me who wants a good looking website with about 10- 15 pages on it.. how much should i charge?

Kindest Regards,

Liam

DLPerry

That's a helpful formula - thx Stephanie.

Since I charge a different amount depending on the type of work to be done, I also do a search for 'whatever-the-task-is' designers and look at what others charge - if it is listed. For example, if I was tasked to do flash - I would Google 'Flash Designers', or 'Flash Developers', or Flash Programmers, etc.

johnnytv

I think it depends on your experience. I've been freelancing part time for close to a year now and now charge much more than I did originally. At first I was just charging oppitence to get some experience and try and get my name out there.

Whilst that's still the case I have now built up a bit of a portfolio to show to clients etc so I feel more confident in charging more

ablaye

Depends on the job. Estimate how long it is going to take you to do the job. Come up with an hourly rate. And voila!!!