speeding up load times--

bcee

Just a suggestion but if you were to use a solid background it would improve by a huge amount.

The PNG images combined with that background are just too large, the Flash doesn't help either.

BG Image - 654.7 KB
Header Image - 109.67 KB
Footer Image - 109.21 KB

That alone is more weight than most sites will use for images total.

TheLivingDead

Thanks for the advice!!
I changed the background to a REPEATING 10K image, and re-worked the header and footer to smaller file sizes-- thanks for the advice!!

smoovo

It's better to use small size images (size in kb), and it's good to have small as you can HTTP requests. Each time that your browser point to url (like in image "src" attribute), it makes HTTP request. Try to use sprite images, it's faster.

Example is here.

- Enjoy. :)

TheLivingDead

It's better to use small size images (size in kb), and it's good to have small as you can HTTP requests. Each time that your browser point to url (like in image "src" attribute), it makes HTTP request. Try to use sprite images, it's faster.

Example is here.

- Enjoy. :)

seriously?? i don't even understand this... is the code supposed to like img1 3times? or is it supposed to be img1, img2, img...?

smoovo

seriously?? i don't even understand this... is the code supposed to like img1 3times? or is it supposed to be img1, img2, img...?

SORRY GUYS :eek:...

I fixed my tutorial, it was 3 times "img1", it should be "img1", "img2" and "img3"...

The thing is that it's only one time of image HTTP request. Once it's downloaded to your PC, you are using the same image in different areas. The file size anyways calculated as all together (10kb+15kb+...), since it's one request it saves time.

- Enjoy.

orangecopper

There are many reasons that could slow up your website loading time. And to resolve them follow the two steps. 1. Analyze 2. Take action

There are a list of load time check tools here

once checked using the tools it will show which of the below could have slowed your site load and correct that part, it could be:

1. images not optimized
2. Jquery or JAvascripts load like lightboxes
3. over size multimedia etc.

Fix the issues in case of each. hope this helped.
cheers
Josh

TheLivingDead

There are many reasons that could slow up your website loading time. And to resolve them follow the two steps. 1. Analyze 2. Take action

There are a list of load time check tools here

once checked using the tools it will show which of the below could have slowed your site load and correct that part, it could be:

1. images not optimized
2. Jquery or JAvascripts load like lightboxes
3. over size multimedia etc.

Fix the issues in case of each. hope this helped.
cheers
Josh

there were a few very handy tools!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! :D