Social website

Firefox

Hello:)
Just want to introduce myself. My name is Robert. I live in South Florida. I've recently built kinda social website called :) http://www.bragoff.com:) for people to showcase their pets, cars, etc. and brag about them. I'd really like to know your HONEST opinion about the website in terms of idea, design, etc? Critique and some good advice will be highly appreciated. :)

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please note that this review is of the main page only. I did not venture further into your site.

Design

1.) Flash animation: for some reason this part look kind of bland or faded to me. This is merely a color issue for me though and should be an easy fix.

2.) I would suggest using a larger font size for your main content area. Which on the main page would be your "Welcome to..." content box.

3.) In the "Welcome to..." introduction text, why are the words "join now" not linked to your sign up page? ;)

4.) The text in the login box is kind of hard to read. In particular I mean the "Register now" link and the "Sign in" on the button.

5.) The white text in the "Featured brags" and "Most popular brags" sections is hard to read on the chosen background colors.

6.) The links under "What people are bragging about" are in desperate need of structuring. As is they hurt my eyes and as in such, I don't even want to go threw them.

Those are the most important issues that I would address, as far as design/layout is concerned.

Concept

I would like to start out with a simple question...

Why should I as a user consider joining your community/social network over another? What sets your apart?

Your main page is your chance to sell a user on your idea/product. For me, it didn't really do that, as the entire page focuses on only one aspect of your community site. And that aspect is one that is rather self centered.

I haven't come across any social networks based on the same subject matter and find it to be a an interesting idea. However, I would try to perhaps spin it a bit differently and possibly promote the community aspect of the site a bit more.

That's just my .02 cents though, others might feel differently.

Anyways, best of luck building your community! :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The site looks professional, but I dont like the aqua color scheme.

Cammarata123

Very good

I think your site is very well done, you look like a great designer, I am a programmer, I have ventured into websites, but I am stuck with the fact that I am a horrible artist. Do you know of any ways I could learn to become a better designer and graphic artist as you are.

Because I am not a web designer( rather, a very good one) I would not do a good job trying to critique your site, however I would like to say that I think it looks nice. I can't really say much about why I like it because I don't think I currently have an artistic cell in my body, although I like the flash thing that is on the homepage.

I also think this is a GREAT Idea for a website. Not because I like bragging, but because I have never seen a similar website. Do you know how many myspace copies there are :(. Well it's great to see an original idea.

Thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cammarata123
!4 yr old Programmer

Last edited:

mets

Your flash design is kind of blur for me. It makes my eyes hurt when I look at it for more than 20 seconds.

And for a site that is about bragging, I suggest a stronger color scheme.

The rest of the design looks good.