Slices issue.

Mawgoomba

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, and I'm new to webdesigning too.
I want to solve this issue, when holding your mouse button it will select all slices and make them turn blue. I don't want people to select slices, but only to select the text on my site.

I work with photoshop & dreamweaver.

Hope you guys can help me out.

-Mawgoomba

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not sure I follow you.....

Slices can only be selected in Ps (ImageReady for old versions). This is so they can be named, adjusted, and so forth.

In a live website, users should not be able to select the "slices". They can select buttons, highlight text (where text is actually text, not rendered image of text).

If you are just talking about working witha design in Ps (ImageReady), then to select the text use the Move Tool (V) instead of the Slice Tool/Slice Select Tool (K).

Does that help? If not, can you explain the problem a little more clearly?

Mawgoomba

Well, when you hold your left mouse button you can drag it over text and the text will turn blue. But when I hold my left mouse button on my site, and go over the site, all slices will turn blue. I want it to just select the text. Not all slices.

Dima

Please, show us your website for us to have a better idea about the issue and how to make corrections.

jemountfort

I wouldn't waste your time, every web designer will come across this problem, its a browser / div related issue. And it usually takes a worthless amount of effort to fix it. I think the last time i removed this i did a wrap round the text with overflow hidden.

Or i would recommend to simplify your background div's / sections.