Site is now finished, would love some reviews.

Baz Watkins

Hi all,

I posted earlier, but since then the site has been completed. Could you please critique the site, and be as brutal as you need to be.

I'm fairly new to web design, coming from a marketing background, so I expect some of you longer serving designers will see loads of errors I have missed.

Let me know what you think, thanks in advance, Baz.

http://www.create-enable.com/

d a v e

generally nice but...

there is way too much above the fold (how much you can see above where the page cuts off before scrolling) have a look at the first layout image here
http://uxmovement.com/content/headlines-and-images-communicate-value-instantly

your logo should be a gif or 8-bit png (jpegs are for photographic images or those with complex gradients). same problem with your other images - e.g. affordable web design smallest.jpg could quite easily be a gif/8-bit png - filesizes will be considerably smaller and text will be clearer.

you only need two spaces after a full-stop if you're using a typewriter to produce copy ;)

don't forget your alt attributes!

good job overall just needs some tweaking

ReneeRash

I think you need to re-think that large animated graphic that's smack dab in the middle of the page. I would scale that down and wrap some company info text around it. Mostly I would work on your affiliate marketing graphic and add some standard text to the site.

Dorky

you are selling web design and marketing. i don't see any ties to the outside web or a "web presence". no visible marketing strategy. i also see a template and some 3rd party scripts tied together. this is not intended as an insult but is just what i notice. you need to see yourself not as a designer for just a second and become a customer. go on to another web designers site and start complaining about every tiny thing you can find. thats what a client that is about to hand over their cash is doing when they shop for anything. same as anyone. what you notice on their site, be sure isn't true on yours.

che09

Good for a first timer. But,I would say take the advice of ReneeRash! I find the middle graphic image destruction. Change the fonts too,and if you can change the color as well!

Timothy Scotch

Hello there,

Here are a few comments;

On my screen the rotating banner in the middle is half way below the fold. That badly reduces the effects is intended to have because I can only see half of it.

The site generally looks quiet aesthetically pleasing.

The copy needs some work. It is generally best to talk in a conversation tone to your prospect. You are talking about yourself there. The result is that the prospect is unlikely to be motivated to do anything. Sure they will know about you, but that's about it.

Keep at it tho, I think you are on the right track.

Best of Luck
Tim

orangecopper

Colors and graphics looks decent. but loads of empty spaces to work on!
need to improve the navigation into a better one..

cheers
Josh

Izdelava_strani

Site looks ok. Personally i would extend the footer to match header and place few links in actual text. Beside those personal comments, site looks nice.