Simple storage website

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I like the layout and the design and the images, but it has no text, all images and no text = bad for search engines, and bad for people on dialup.

Wingnut

yeah that was my thought exactly too. the guy is a bit diffrent. hard to please. he wanted it to be identical to the phonebook ad i made for him at leastvery close. so i did.

i was thinking about doing something i did on a diffrent website that worked great. Im going to extend the webpage 2 inches and in white text that would be unviewable to the eye but seen in search engines im going to install the text that i would like on there. he didnt want it, wanted it simple. i have done this before. what do you feel of this technique?

He mainly wants the website not for search engines but for ads in printwork and business cards. everything he does in search engines he prefers pay per click which works great for me. with his numerous business ventures he spends about 600 a month in pay per click on yahoo and google by his prefrence because he wont settle for not coming up first everytime. therefore it makes search engine compatability not the main thing i focus on anymore when designing his websites. Hope that all made sense.

Artoonie

Then it's not so bad. I'm assuming he just wants it for simplicity of locating them, so the phone number is pretty obvious, and the directions are right there. His two main priorities do stand out.

I'd suggest making the gallery open in the same window though.

DLPerry

in white text that would be unviewable to the eye but seen in search engines im going to install the text that i would like on there. he didnt want it, wanted it simple. i have done this before. what do you feel of this technique?

Have you explained to the site owner that an all image website is not the ideal if he wants to be indexed in the search engines?

Hidden text can get a site banned from search engines.
That's a pretty old 'keyword stuffing' trick, but the search engines have gotten wise to it and have been known to totally ban websites that use this tactic.

If he doesn't care about search engine indexing - why bother putting the text in at all.

just my .02 :)