SEO Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrishirst

Staff member
I hope you didn't pay for that "service"!!!!

I really can't believe that people fall for such useless drivel. a TWO second site:domain.tld search will tell you iff Google has found "malware" hijacking.

highperformance

I hope you didn't pay for that "service"!!!!

I really can't believe that people fall for such useless drivel. a TWO second site:domain.tld search will tell you iff Google has found "malware" hijacking.

never paid for no, it is included with your SEO tools with hostgator if you are using sitebuilder. It's free and if it helps, I don't see what the big deal is. I'll never pay for any of those other services like turbo traffic etc. I'm convinced I can do it myself, it's just gunna take some time and alot of cussing for me to figure it out lol.

Apparently even though I have switched to wordpress I can still use those tools if I log into my Cpanel for sitebuilder, if I use those tools to build my sitemap and such it reads all the new data from the wordpress site.

I really have to google and figure out this SEO crap and meta tags and such. Still the only traffic I get is from any of the car forums I usually post on, which is cool, but I mean, the site isn't going to survive on that alone.

Ill give you some advice about SEO.
here are the choices you can do for your site to gain traffic

A. On-Site
1. Using right keyword in tags and anchor text
2. Use of Meta tags / HTML tags
3. Use of easy to remember URL (Website Address)
4. Basic pages (home, about, contact, privacy policy,
header, footer)
5. Having quality contents
6. Inserting Robots.txt
B. Off-Site
1. Social media posting/sharing
2. Pinging
3. Bookmarking
4. Link building (Backlinking)
5. Article submission
6. Press release submission
7. Blog/Forum commenting

highperformance

So if I understand your article correctly it's all about anchor texts that get you the traffic?

Where would I put this? <a href="URI">text</a> and I am assuming I would replace "text" with my actual key words...how many key words can I stick in there?

Or did this go right over my head and I have it all wrong?

In either case I appreciate the info. I'll read up on anchor text when I get some time.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
just understand the premise of the article. which is

promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing. promotion and marketing.

do you get it yet?

You haven't got any "keywords" in the text but you have put a message in front of the reader, which is far more powerful than Link Exchanging? or Reciprocal Links? You have TOLD THEM what they have to do in order to read the document, and left them in no doubt what the document is about.

write copy, write links, write any content for humans, not machines, not search engines, HUMANS.

highperformance

So, if I understand anchor text right it is saying instead of writing http://highperformancejunkies.com/how-to-guides/deep-scratches/

have something like this:

This is how you professionally repair deep scratches in your car's paint

Now I have pages in my site that are like that, because that would be something like what I have here correct? In this style format on my page in which it links you to the pages relating to what you are looking for?

How-to guides < anchored text :D

Now, if I understood you spiel in your article, you are saying that I should link build with sites in that same kind of format in order to help bring traffic to my site?

chrishirst

Staff member
Now, if I understood you spiel in your article, you are saying that I should link build with sites in that same kind of format in order to help bring traffic to my site?
Sort of, the principle is, as Phreaddee said, to consider links for what they are, promotion and marketing rather than trying to guess if they will help with rankings. That way you cut out the guess work and the hope factor.

Don't get hung up with the "most important keywords" and getting links only to your root url (home page). Point your links to the URL you want traffic to and the anchor text is your "call to action", there is nothing inherently wrong with using "Click here" as the anchor text. It sends an unequivocal message to the reader of what you want them to do. You need to tell them what to do and what they will find there in one sentence.

Human beings are very easily distracted from the task at hand, so you only have a few seconds to get, keep and direct their attention. Studies has shown that you have about seven to ten seconds to get a users attention and push them down your conversion path, called a 'funnel' in marketing speak.

The goal is to show that you know what they want and how they can get to it in as few words as possible is. So:

"This is how you professionally repair deep scratches in your car's paint" is far too long, by the time they have read it, their mind has drifted off to the next more interesting bit.

Click here for deep scratch repair.

It takes less than two seconds to read and to understand what you are telling them. The bolding has put emphasis on what they want and the "click here" has already planted the idea of what they should do about it. You have done that in under the seven second mark.

Off tack slightly, the reason I tend to be scathing about the usual generic "advice" is that the people who spread it around are not marketers or optimisers, they are mainly Adsense 'beggars' who's only goal is for mass traffic from anywhere regardless of whether it converts or not.

For your needs you don't need 'more traffic' per se. You need better traffic.

Last edited:

highperformance

Off tack slightly, the reason I tend to be scathing about the usual generic "advice" is that the people who spread it around are not marketers or optimisers, they are mainly Adsense 'beggars' who's only goal is for mass traffic from anywhere regardless of whether it converts or not.

For your needs you don't need 'more traffic' per se. You need better traffic.

I hear ya, don't think it's any different on any other forum. I can't count on both hands the amount of times poor advice was given regarding different setups (for cars) because a buddies buddy said so.

Anyways, I appreciate the help. My website is kind of a double edged sword. It was made for a number of reasons in mind. One being to keep track of what has been done to my own personal car, taking those experiences and making them available to others to use. The significance to that is that my setup is not generic by any means and is meant to push the Naturally aspirated limits of our particular motor. On top of that, experiences such as being keyed and being able to repair that can be helpful to a number of people.

The other reason is of course to generate money through things like adsense. I mean, at the end of the day, as much as I love helping people it would be nice to offset website costs and make at least a little bit of coin on the side.

The behind reason to both of the above is the possibility of looking for sponsorship if I were to get a little more involved in the racing scene in the coming years. A good website with useful info and tracking of progress is in my opinion a great place to start.

Like I said, I appreciate the help thus far.

chrishirst

Staff member
taking those experiences and making them available to others to use.
Now that is THE basic principle to have for a website that can successfully make money, although Adsense may not be the best option. Commissions from lead generation, product sales and maybe selling your own 'howto' eBooks certainly and an ebook need be nothing more than a couple or three pages and a few photos of how to remove "keyed" scratches.

The affiliate possibilities are pretty wide spread :

From Car(Auto) insurance policy lead generation through to "where to buy your fine grain wire wool/glasspaper" or 'T-Cut' on line.

Earning money on the Internet is exactly the same as it is in the real world. ...

Somebody will be willing to pay for what you know and/or for what you can do for them, they have a problem and you have the solutions and it is that solution that is tradeable. Making money by trading your knowledge and skills is far easier than hoping people happen to click on the adverts enough times.

For your target audiences 'social media' (including appropriate forums) IS the place to be marketing, cars are cars the world over, and there are enthusiast and owners everywhere and they all have the same problems at some time or another.

akshay

Banned
The thing I'd suggest you to do now is to deactivate that plugin and allow two weeks to pass and see what happens. It seems like something is holding back your site as far as getting traffic is concerned. It may well be that your site is penalized which can be very devastating with regard to getting traffic.

websonalized

I have a few questions:
For these keywords that you’re targeting where does your page come up when they’re typed into the search engines?
Were you ever on the first page for your keywords(Google)?
Sounds like you have done your on page SEO but lacking offpage so your not showing up naturally for them.
Are you currently running an SEO campaign?
Have you been keep track of your competition for the keywords, could be that someone came in and is now outranking you with said keywords.
There’s alot of possible reason why you're not getting traffic anymore it would be good to consider some of these points.

Status
Not open for further replies.