SASS and LESS

RDB

Just a general thought on peoples opinions on SASS and LESS. Do you use them? Do you prefer using them as oppose to using good old CSS.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use Sass' SCSS syntax pretty much exclusively. Love it. Can't speak for LESS as I haven't tried it.

Frank

I find plain CSS easy enough to not use any of the mentioned options. Especially with an editor like WeBuilder (not to be confused with Web Builder), with a number of CSS tools built in, writing CSS really is a peace of cake. And I think it is important to get a thorough working knowledge of the CSS syntax. Which gets less if one uses SASS or LESS, I'd think.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I second that. It really is best to know standard CSS very well before jumping to a preprocessor.

RDB

I agree that you should learn CSS first then maybe look into SASS. I know a few who love to use SASS and wont go back to CSS. I suppose it depends on the project as I tend to do CSS as I find it quicker personally. But you can write some great semantic code with a preprocessor.

Sass is alot of fun once you start to use some of the more advanced areas of it like mixins. I havo one that makes writing media queries a snap, but I pitty the next guy who has to look at it as it adds it directly to the selector.. meh..