Review capitalwestadvisors.com - old vs new

RenaissanceMan

Original site:

The main graphic is very strong and punchy, but takes up a bit too much vertical space and the perspective of the text on the pieces of paper is obviously, jarringly wrong. The home page could be seen to be a bit content-poor and is really more of a splash page. There's no consistent navigation through the site and the animated logo is unbelievably tacky.

New site:

The still version of the logo is much classier (although I'm a little confused as to why they use blue landmasses on white water - still, that's probably not open to change unless you're doing a whole identity for them).

The grey background section is unnecessary; you can highlight that text by playing with the typography - if you're determined to keep it, pull the right hand side in a bit so it aligns with the column divider below. I'd still drop it though.

The current page highlight on the menu is a little too in-your-face and bright given the colours of the rest of the site, and the briht yellow links are jarring.

Final analysis: that main page image is simply too strong to lose, so crop off the table and drop your menu bar in just below the hands, with content underneath. Inner pages can use the menu bar position you have on the new version.

BigRed

OK. first impressions. Right off, I guess your target audience here is folks looking for business advice, financial advice and what not. The header image of a faceless man in a suit sitting in the shadows looks like an image from a spy movie. If you want to create an image of honesty and trust (something your target audience might appreciate) I think you picked the wrong theme. Hey but if thats what the client wants I guess your kinda stuck with that.

fbhc

On the new design, why can't you fit top nav menu all on one line? Also, what is your argument why they should switch. To be honest, I don't see a compelling argument why the old site is so bad that they need a new one. Maybe your seeing something I don't.