Reverse SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexallen

Reverse SEO is the process of removing (technically de-ranking) websites other than your own from the first pages of Google.

ishie

Reverse SEO is a tactic suppress negative publicity that targets your company in the organic listings

iresh

its a Technique for removing your competitors from the market, i mean from the first page of the google

jumpingspider

Reverse SEO - is an online reputation management (ORM) tool of SEO consultants who manage public relations online. It can be used to suppress negative publicity that targets your company in the organic listings.

che09

reverse SEO also called Google Bowling, is a technique, based on the simple fact that there is a second way of getting on top of the Google search results.

Is it really possible to decrease a competitor’s rank without touching his website? - Yes it is possible.

Google Bowling exploits the ranking penalty algorithms that Google applies to websites that are playing against the rules by spamming other websites with inbound links.

To bowl a website from the top of the Google results, an opponent needs to spam a huge amount of other websites with links to the target website in a short amount of time, to trigger Google’s Anti-Spam algorithms. If the efforts are successful, Google will think that the target website is trying to illegitimately increase their rankings through spamming and apply a ranking penalty to that website, dropping it from the top search results or even making it completely dissapear from the SERPS (Search Engine Result Pages).

Due to the huge amount of spam links needed for a successful Google Bowl, I believe that it is impossible to Google Bowl manually. From what I have heard, Google Bowling is mostly done with automated website spamming software which targets forums or blogs with comment spam.

Is Google Bowling legal?

No.This is definitely an illegal activity!

SEOArbiter

Reverse SEO is simply the process of pushing down negative, or erroneous, reviews and sites that come up when your site is searched. Reverse SEO will make more positive information surfaces. This is used frequently for reputation management.

wishbone

Google is aware and surely doing something with this act of manipulating the SERP results that's why Google give much better weight on site's outgoing link compare to incoming links. Just hope Google got better solution..

merdeck

Reverse SEO is an online reputation management, Protect your brand or company from negative review.

Suppose you had a Web design Company and with good numbers of client.One of your client didn’t like your prices and, although you had no contract, he somehow felt he’d been gypped. He chose a well-known complaint site and posted a complaint against you for “how poorly you treated client”.

Now any one typed your company name or brand name in Search engine and this bad review coming in top results, this will heart you and your company and gain bad reputation.

How to prevent this Bad Reputation With Reverse SEO Strategies :

1.You can contact the complaint site, showed them the correspondence and they took the complaint down. However, it took another month for the complaint to disappear from the SERPs; it was listed, but when you clicked on the link it redirected to the home page of the complaint site.

2. Buy a couple of domain name with the exact keywords and put unique content on each.

3. Buy yourself a press release, and then link to some of the sites that publish the release.

4. Get an article on a couple of independent blogs and get links to those as well.

5.These process can take several month so be patient.

So using any SEO Services you will receive some perfect result.

Last edited:

rwebber77

has anyone had any success on doing this out of interest? ;)

Reverse SEO should only be used in extreme cases, and yes I have had success with reverse SEO. I will give you the background so you can decide for yourself if what I did was immoral.

I received a call from a local photographer with a huge problem, he was a day late delivering a wedding DVD (no impact on the wedding whatsoever) and the couple who hired him were LIVID. Not only did they slander his company through ripoffreport and various other online review sites, but they had their entire bridal party follow in their actions and report this photographer as well. So now a local photographer has about 38 articles and reviews written about why people should not hire him, and his business almost went under because of this orchestrated event by the bride and groom.

In my opinion, the couple was wrong here and had no right to "toy" with someone's business because they refused the 20% discount offered because of the late DVD.

cizzlingeast

reverse SEO also called Google Bowling, is a technique, based on the simple fact that there is a second way of getting on top of the Google search results.

Is it really possible to decrease a competitor’s rank without touching his website? - Yes it is possible.

Google Bowling exploits the ranking penalty algorithms that Google applies to websites that are playing against the rules by spamming other websites with inbound links.

To bowl a website from the top of the Google results, an opponent needs to spam a huge amount of other websites with links to the target website in a short amount of time, to trigger Google’s Anti-Spam algorithms. If the efforts are successful, Google will think that the target website is trying to illegitimately increase their rankings through spamming and apply a ranking penalty to that website, dropping it from the top search results or even making it completely dissapear from the SERPS (Search Engine Result Pages).

Due to the huge amount of spam links needed for a successful Google Bowl, I believe that it is impossible to Google Bowl manually. From what I have heard, Google Bowling is mostly done with automated website spamming software which targets forums or blogs with comment spam.

Is Google Bowling legal?

No.This is definitely an illegal activity!
I really like your post,very well explained,i am beginner in SEO and just heard this term GOOGLE bowling and you have made me understand the whole topic.
It should be illegal ,i dont think it can help us in any way for long time,do not make other person loose,try to make yourself win.

SusanR

It's against all ethics rules. I don't accept such techniques. It's much better to improve your rankings, than to apply this illegal method to harm your rivals.

websonalized

This is a scary prospect. How can a website user prevent an attack like reserve SEO? I mean, if competition wants to ruin the website they just do reverse SEO.

There must be a way to prevent this. How to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.