Resellers Talk

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
you know, opening this forum made the sale of wmf all better... we will just make this place better than wmf ever was! :cool:

StephanieCordray

AainaA said:
what do you mean we'll make this place better? It already is, and its not even spidered yet!!

You got that right, even if this one never gets spidered... wmf is now defunct... not the domain name but the actual forum. Besides it was never that great after Ian sold it... I left, went back a couple of times but it's very easy to get bored there.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
StephanieCordray said:
You got that right, even if this one never gets spidered... wmf is now defunct... not the domain name but the actual forum. Besides it was never that great after Ian sold it... I left, went back a couple of times but it's very easy to get bored there.
i left shortly after the sale as well. i think chroder and myself were the last of the original staff their to leave. it really was a shame, as that site was off to a great site and had lots of potential to grow on, but now all i can say about it is... meh!

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i just went back to WMF just for shits and grins and it truelly is a sad sight. :(

ian

Administrator
Staff member
They should have just left it the way it was...
Looks like they are actually charging for membership now. I dont know what I am doing wrong, but when I visit the site, it is an exact replica of dnforum.com

StephanieCordray

ian said:
They should have just left it the way it was...
Looks like they are actually charging for membership now. I dont know what I am doing wrong, but when I visit the site, it is an exact replica of dnforum.com

That's because it is dnforum... they grandfathered all us older wmf members into it with gold and platinum memberships but there's little to nothing of webmastering left there because they "merged" the two forums. Not much of a merger when one disappears completely. Basically all the WMF is now is a redirect to their 'paying' forum. Pity, too.. I was getting ready to buy some advertising there in a bit... was waiting until after tax time, :rolleyes: .

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I would have thought google would consider it duplicate content the way it is setup now.

StephanieCordray

It just happened a few days ago..same day I joined this one, :) . I would think so, too but I don't know ... not too happy with google myself right now.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
No im not happy either, this site is still not listed in google, it is taking agessssssssss, hope it is just the sandbox effect and there is no penalty in place.

StephanieCordray

I can't think there would be a penalty, ian. my last one still isn't indexed either... after 6 months.... grrrr... another one is acting weird, too... successive visits to it can give you a pr1 - pr4 on the toolbar and it's been doing this since the last google update.

Since they are project sites with no real monetary value, I don't really worry about it but it is interesting to watch the jockeying for position through them, :). It would be nice to get the one indexed at some point but other than that, I'm not going to worry about it.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
my last one still isn't indexed either... after 6 months
ouch, that is a long time......
Oh well, I dont care if it takes a long time, as long as it happens at some point.

StephanieCordray

That's the way I look at it, too.. it's indexed on Yahoo and MSN as well as a few lesser ones, but google?... well, eventually I hope.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
This site is listed on yahoo and msn as well, but not google, ah well I guess we just both continue to wait.... Good thing I have a lot of patience.