Recommendations for business directory services

sara.ortiz

I'm working on a quote for website design for a downtown business organization. They want to have a business directory like http://www.downtownelgin.com/explore/downtown-business-directory/. This one is powered by Trumba. Trumba is exactly what I want but I'd like to do some price and option comparison. I've never done a directory before and I'm having trouble finding other options so I'd like some direction and suggestions.

Also, I know that Drupal and Joomla are content management systems. Can I use one of them for just the directory part and insert the code into the HTML/CSS I design? Or would I have to create the whole site using Joomla or Drupal in order to have the directory?

sara.ortiz

Thanks chrishirst, I'm leaning more toward something like Trumba because the organization wants the ability to update the directory themselves and I thought that it might be easier for them to use something like Trumba. I also found eSyndicat.

TheWebTaylor

I have used PHP Link Directory in the past and have found it to be quite good. The admin allows you/the customer to fully customise the setting etc. Although the templating could be better.