rate my site www.121creations.co.za

shaun.121

Please tell me what you think of my old website, Please have a look and crit me to the best of your ability.

Thanks
Shaun

ian

Administrator
Staff member
It is a bit on the dark side.
Also don't like the 121 creations effect in the header.

Healthy

Yeah I agree with ian it is a little too dark. Also the header is very distracting. You might flash it once when the page loads, but I would not do it more than that.

tenthheron

Maybe it's a little dark, but not much. I agree on the header. I hadn't read the above comments until after I viewed your site, and I did find myself quite distracted.

Some of the flash effects didn't work perfectly. I'm on a 17" monitor on IE and on your links on the front page the square that appears around the letters would sometimes wrap perfectly and sometimes cut right through a letter.

I liked the clean lines, use of space, and overall concept. Very nice site.

abaz

hey shaun,
good to see an SA design website up.
for me i like the darktheme [ but I do suggest brightening it a bit to make it more welcoming.
I did not like the sound you have on the buttons. Its quite violent.
maybe a light click or bleep
cheers,
and if you want to give input back on my new website it would be much appreciated.
Alex

scarlett

hi!

in your index flash-animated page, the letter "o" was overlapped by letter "l" i'm using firefox by the way.

Nadia

The positive:

I like the way you laid out the color scheme. Nice use of the green to break up that black. The look is appealing.

The negative:
I dislike the sounds.

What about a description next to each portfolio piece? After all, you have all that negative space.

The bullet list on the About page is... well, why doesn't it link to your portfolio pieces? It's not very pragmatic as is; rather can be annoying to those searching to see your work.

Most of all, the animation on your logo is very distracting. I couldn't comfortably concentrate on your content.

-Nadia