Quickest way to add a blog section to my website

benbob

What I am after, is what I need, and how to do it for adding a blog section to my website asap ( today would be good, but I can wait until tomorrow if really need be ).
I could not care less about how it looks if I tried, as long as it is easy for contributors to reply.
The only feature I must have, is the option to delete spam/abuse and other unwanted stuff.

I know nothing about blogging software, and am not really interested either to be honest.

When I ask which blog software to for running a blog of my own main website, Wordpress is the common answer.
What I am unsure about, is whether people say Wordpress because "everybody knows that" or because Wordpress is heavily promoted.

What is so great about it? If it is the high numbers of available templates, it would not appeal to me as I don't like using templates for the same reason I don't like HTML editors.

For the time being, I want something compact, quick to install and easy to operate without bells and whistles.
My site http://www.boiler-breakdown-repair-london.co.uk is hosted on a British server ( Unintedhosting ) with access to CPanel ( not that I really understand how CPanel works ).

Thanks for your help

Pheno

Templates is one reason Wordpress is popular, but others are that it is stable, free and has lots of extensions.

You can install it in a subdirectory (for example /blog) then link it from your website's menu.

bcee

I have yet to hear WP being heavily promoted...? It's used a lot because it is a great app. Try it out.