Quick Tut: Photoshop Shapes – Add, Subtract, Intersect & Exclude

helloworld

hey WDF,
Came across this tutorial and actually picked up a thing or two I didn't know before. As some of you may remember, I am a HUGE fan of streamlining my workflow processes.. anything that will shave off a fraction of a second each time, I'm all for it! In this case, I'm able to save time for basic shape creation, without the need to open illustrator if I'm working on a web design. AND without the need to compromise ..with rasterized layer masks in Photoshop. Probably not a big deal to most, I guess I'm easily amused.. enough so that I had to pin this one. Hopefully someone here finds it useful.

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/shapes/add-subtract/
credit to Steve Patterson I assume

Cheers!
Joe

PS: Missed you guys! I have been extremely busy for the past lifetime, and have sadly neglected this forum for quite a while. I still see some familiar faces on here :)

PPS: I originally abbreviated PhotoShop "PS", but changed it when I added the first PS. :D

Last edited:

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
We seem to be missing a lot of ppl these days. It's been pretty quiet around here.

helloworld

We seem to be missing a lot of ppl these days. It's been pretty quiet around here.

Yeah, it got pretty hostile around here for a while for me personally. This site does not generate any worthwhile traffic to my site, as i am not trying to sell websites to website designers, and I began getting a bunch of nasty comments and kind of lost interest.