Question about google search

lizpearl

I searched my website and up popped indexes of all my directories where I store my images. I don't want people to see this, but rather my actual pages...help please.

site:lizpearlphoto.com liz pearl photo

v2Media

2 choices; 1) place a blank index.html file in all of your image folders or 2) use a .htaccess file in the root folder of your website to block indexes. If you already have one there, add the following line:-

Options -Indexes

anna

I just check it, too, and it looked great.

I Googled "liz pearl photo" and yours was the first listing.

I Googled just "liz pearl" and your website was the 5th ranked listing (not bad); your facebook page was the first :)

Last edited:

smoovo

To tell the crawlers to allow/disallow index is simple via the robots.txt page. Just edit this page (if you don't have it, make one) to block indexing of your specific file or whole specific folder.

HTML:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /images/
Disallow: /images/image1.jpg
Allow: /

Disallow 1 is to block whole directory (folder), and the second a specific file. The first row and last one leave as it is, it tells it to permit all crawlers to crawl, and to crawl all the site.

If it's your first time making this file, add it to your root directory, and don't forget name it "robots" as a simple .txt file -> "robots.txt".

- Enjoy.

JacobH

Here are some effective way on how to get local research in Google:

Link building
search engine submission
Social media optimization
Content writing
Email marketing

huntingdawn

Your site looks good. Maybe what you really need is some tweaks on the codes if you don't want your site's image directories to pop up.