publishing website

octapulse

I am attempting to publish my website using Hostmonster.com and I followed the tutorials on how to publish it, but when I go to my site "octapulse.com", it shows and index page with the file directories from my FTP. How do I hide this and just display the webpage?

adx

Just name your page index.html or index.php and the domain should go directly to the file. This is also the default for all directories.

octapulse

I changed it to "index.html and it still show the directory. Maybe it will load the page directly after 24 hrs. Because it says it takes that long to put up the page.

Another question, I downloaded and used some really cool fonts, but I noticed when I went to a different computer to check out the site, it displayed the default font setting instead of the new ones I added. I realized that these are fonts that arent normally saved on everones font list and so I think I need to add the font files to my site folder for them to display. Is there any special code I need to use (besides <body style="font-family:Abduction II">) in order to tell the browser where to reference the files to display the fonts? Thanks.