Promoting your blog?

3dmagicaldesign

When the “How do I promote my blog” question is asked in forums it usually doesn’t take long for someone to reply with, “Content is king.” Really? Is content king? All websites have content - even the dancing hamsters is content. I would submit to you that giving people what they want is truly king. If that be content, then have relevant content. If it’s driving directions, then give good directions. If it’s discount prices on jewelry, then have quality jewelry at low prices. If it’s nude pictures of Jennifer Love Hewitt then she best not be wearing clothes. And if people want to see dancing hamsters, then give it to them - give the people what they want.

There’s a reason your visitors came to your site. Are you fulfilling their expectations? If people visit your blog one day and you’re talking about PHP coding techniques but the next time they visit your blog you are reviewing the movie you saw over the weekend, you may find yourself having a hard time building a steady core of followers.

Give people what they want and do it consistently. Being a one-hit-wonder in a band or in blogging is not a good thing. I take that back, being a one-hit-wonder in a band can still make you millions these days, but in blogging it’s no good. Try and have quality content on a regular basis. It doesn’t have to be daily, just on a regular basis. You may decide to post once a week or twice a week, whatever, just be consistent. If you post three times a week for a month then that’s what your audience will come to expect.

I would encourage you to post quality over quantity. Don’t post just for the sake of posting. If everybody else has covered the unveiling of Apple’s iPhone then you may want to let it go. Ask yourself, “What can I bring to the table?” If you can take an angle that you feel hasn’t been covered then by all means, continue, but if you are just going to post a “me too” post, skip it.

Give people what they want and do it consistently. You do that and people will visit you – and – continue to visit you.

globalseo

thanx for the inspirational post buddy..yes content is the key, this is one of the ingredients of blogs and then promote it to social networking, social media and social bookmarking sites

walkingbird

All websites are is a way of getting content to your end user. Content is anything on your website. Why are you posting tips when your website is not even any good. I don't think people who actually don't know what they are doing should post tips.

fromthe5

I don't think people who actually don't know what they are doing should post tips.
Ah! You mean like people who post erroneous remarks about SEO? 3dmagicaldesign has posted tips that have merit and are done in a "positive manner", and I'm sure he/she would be open to rational discussion. That's what forums are all about. Attacks or insults really have no place in a forum, any more than blatant spam.

3dmagicaldesign

3dmagicaldesign has posted tips that have merit and are done in a "positive manner", and I'm sure he/she would be open to rational discussion. That's what forums are all about. Attacks or insults really have no place in a forum, any more than blatant spam.

Well... thanks a lot for your comments and for this interesting discussion, I agree with fromthe5, I post my tips and comments here just thinking about my friends and everybody who comes to this forum, I've never insulted anyone and I am not planning to do it, so if you want to start fair and nice discussion I am willing to do it.

Warm Regards

3dmagicaldesign

Why are you posting tips when your website is not even any good. I don't think people who actually don't know what they are doing should post tips.

Well, If you don't like my web design that's not a problem, you can't be loved by everybody in the world, since you used very despective and rude words I didn't even browse your website, I don't care to start discussions with people like you. Please don't post here anymore, I will contact the moderator and will make him delete all your posts in this topic. Please show some respect!!