Problems with background tiling

ASATopGun

Ohh I like that navigation. Did you make that purely with CSS? If so is there a tutorial that teaches you how to do so?

d a v e

and your logo would be a quarter of the filesize as an 8-bit png
headerlogo.png

latteda

actually you've only got it repeating on the y axis.
change background-repeat:repeat-y; to background-repeat:repeat;

and that menu can be done in css only. not sure why you've gone for the image route.

tutorial:
http://www.webdesignforum.com/10971-tutorial-css-menu-basic.html
My CSS says background-repeat: repeat-x; and background-repeat: repeat-y;

I changed it like you said and nothing changed. :confused:

and your logo would be a quarter of the filesize as an 8-bit png
headerlogo.png
Thanks!

d a v e

body {background-repeat:repeat;} works but make sure you take out any other repeat declarations (actually the default is to repeat on the x and y axis so removing all instances should make it repeat how you want ;)

latteda

body {background-repeat:repeat;} works but make sure you take out any other repeat declarations (actually the default is to repeat on the x and y axis so removing all instances should make it repeat how you want ;)

Ok, so now my CSS says:

body {
background-color: #43543D;
background-size:auto;
font-family: "Lucida Sans Unicode", "Lucida Grande", sans-serif;
color: #574e3f;
background-image: url(backgrounds/stock-illustration-9298106-seamless-floral-pattern.jpg);
background-repeat:repeat;
}

Is that right? It still looks the same. http://www.lattedaimagery.com/lifechoices/support/

This site is divided into two sections: a client site and supporter site. Client site draft is here. The one I'm struggling with now is the supporter site, which will have a different background. The client site has a full page background with transparent edges that was repeated vertically only. When I started on this supporter site (the one giving me issues), I wanted to keep almost all of the same formatting, so I duplicated the style sheet and template and I'm trying to work off that.

d a v e

you have the same or two similarly named stylesheets linked to the document, and also you have this in both of them AFTER the code you had above
body {
background-repeat: repeat-y;
}

so remove this and it should be ok

latteda

you have the same or two similarly named stylesheets linked to the document, and also you have this in both of them AFTER the code you had above
body {
background-repeat: repeat-y;
}

so remove this and it should be ok

AGH! THANK YOU!! :rolleyes: