portfolio site

omglookitsagoat

This is what my design looks like so far. I will also eventually update my portfolio so I can show some better designs for the images. The purpose of the website will be to showcase my graphic design portfolio. There will probably be a little less links than shown. The links will be home, web design, print design, logos, photography, illustration, and resume. I'm still trying to figure out what the content pages should look like. Maybe I'm rushing into critique too soon but I don't know.

http://microraptorarts.com/portfolio_links/webdesigns/Portfolio_site_design-5.jpg

Last edited:

notarypublic

I like the colors you picked - definitely not something I would have thought to try. I added a drop-shadow and a bit of depth, to make it stand out against the background?

66746425.jpg

lindsaynichole

I like the green, pretty color, and the way you've angled the photo's is neat. It might be cool to see what it would look like if you allow the stripe's from the back to show through instead of having a thick gray stroke around the text box....same for the background of your link box.

nice work :)
Lindsay

DHDdirect

I think it's an excellent design. Clean and new look.

I'd personally have the arrows a bit thinner. And as long as the content sections can grow with the size of its content so there is no limits.

omglookitsagoat

Thanks. Which arrows are you referring to? there's so many diagonal lines. lol. I assume you mean the ones pointing toward the logo and contact.

I'm trying to refine the design some more and on the version I'm working on I have it stretched out a little wider. the arrows at the top and bottom will look a little thinner in comparison to the text/content now. I don't want to make them too thin, though because then the preview/sample images won't show enough.