PNG Files

ChrissyNix

I have asked my webguys to allow users to upload PNG Files to our website.

They have come back and said that they can't do it because the website thinks they are supported by QuickTime and doesn't open them.

What do they need to do to resolve this - I see there a lots of sites out there that do display PNG Files for things like Office Floorplans.

Regards, Chris

ISDProductions

thats a new one to me....PNG files should upload just fine... the problem is usually on the visitors side, if they have a browser that is so old it can't read png files. I don't want to question your web guys without knowing all the details but that doesn't sound right to me. Then again, I only work with PNG files when I am creating a flash movie

DLPerry

That is decidedly odd. I too have never heard of that.
How are you allowing viewers to upload the files? via ftp, or via an upload form? I wonder if they could somehow mean that your form handler will not accept image files, or perhaps uploads in general?

ChrissyNix

we use an online back office system to upload images to our website. it is fine with JPEG files (so long as they don't display symbols in the file name such as $ % &). However it won't allow PNG files to be uploaded.

then my webdesigners have said that this is because Quicktime is trying to open the images - I will email them today and get back to you.