pls review the design

Manganix

Hi,

thanks for for checking out my website and sharing your thoughts with me.
All feedback is welcome: design, concept, ...

http://www.mastercombo.com/

I developped the site in Flash, because I don't know HTML yet and I like working with Flash.

The project is still in progress, some links are not available yet, but I thinks what already is available covers the idea.

Thanks for you input!

Kind regards.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Much better than the previous one you showed us. much more cohesive this time. however it's "still" in flash!

this was my experience just then with your website.
I cant check it on my phone, cause its flash.
I cant check it on my ipad, cause its flash.
On my laptop, as I only had flash player 9 installed, i was redirected to adobe
and asked to install flash 11.
however to install flash requires your browser shut down.
as I clicked a link, I couldnt quite recall the URL.
and save going through my history, which mind you a lot of users dont know how to access, I had to come back here, to this thread and follow the link again, "just" to see it.

A site that does that to me simply needs to ****ing blow my skull off in amazement to justify it, and unfortunately I didnt get that.
the menu you have created can be duplicated with jquery, and the rest can be laid out very easily. please try to stop using flash if you can.

the contact button going straight to email really ought to be a contact form, or details. I dont want to open outlook express if i can help it.

and the font, great for headers but no good for content.

overall tho, better.

bcee

I like some parts but as previously stated the sub-domain redirection is annoying.

Pick up a book on HTML/CSS, Flash should not be used for basic sites like this. You can always post to the programming forum on this site if you have any questions and I would be glad to help.

Manganix

your site just crashed my browser and flash player crashed and your site didn't show up

How come? Is it related specifically to (the design) of my webpage or is this common for all flash websites?
When I visit other (100%) flash websites that are very heavy/complex, I don't get these kind of issues (all the time / every time).

OK, once in while a flash player crashes, but it is not that this occurs every time I visit a flash website.

Could someone post here a link to a flash website I should visit that could show me similar problems you experience when you visit my website?

PS: my intention is to start with HTML(5) this year... when I get it, I'll convert my flash website to HTML.

jumpingspider

the contact button going straight to email really ought to be a contact form, or details. I dont want to open outlook express if i can help it.

This is right, if I were to choose I don't like to open outlook express, though it would be better if you can put other details there,contact form.

By the way, I can't fully see the header in your site. I opened it on Mozilla.