Pls review my Blogging Strategy website

Discussion in 'Website Reviews' started by orangecopper, Jan 21, 2011.

to remove all ads.
  1. orangecopper

orangecopper New Member

Dear webmasters,

I have launched a new Blogging Strategy and Internet marketing Blog. I would greatly appreciate your feedback on the same.

Thanks in advance
    Josh

2. flipperman

flipperman New Member

your site layout looks clean and easy to navigate and i would suggest to move your ads banner to the top of your sidebar to make it looks good

3. orangecopper

orangecopper New Member

Hey

Hey Flipperman,

Thank you for the comment. I really appreciate you taking out time.
    Ideally i am going to remove the ads off it as of now. Since this is a new website, i am not planning to use any ads for first 6 month - just content and more quality content. Further only i will think of monetizing.

warm regards
    Josh

4. bcee

bcee New Member

Nice design and layout. First it loaded very slow but it may be my connection. I would try to make the header image have the same visual cues and styles as the rest of the site.

5. orangecopper

orangecopper New Member

I have tested the connection speed, it seems to load fine. I will work on the header suggestion you have given. Appreciate you taking out time for suggestions.

thanks again
    josh

6. zach

zach Member

First off, lets not kid ourselves.

You used a Wordpress Theme by Elegant Themes. No real point in addressing the design other than your header which doesn't match your theme at all.

Header problems:
    • Font to small
    • To much text
    • Random placement of elements
    • Doesn't match the theme you used
    • Change your anchor to something more useful than 'header'
    • Image needs to be optimized

Nothing I can really say on part of the design, since you didn't design it. I did review your coding and optimization techniques which could use some improvements.

Coding and optimization problems:
    • To many HTTP request (50) - Combine background images, CSS and JavaScript files
    • No expire headers (Over 60 files) - If you add expire headers to all files, you will increase load times and reduce overall bandwidth usage
    • Compress components with GZIP - 7 plain text components that should be sent compressed
    • Optimize your CSS and Javascript Files
    • Compress any images to reduce total weight. You could be saving 77.57 KB of weight.
    • Reduce DNS lookups to at least 4

Best of luck.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  7. RobSmith

RobSmith New Member

I like your blog and you have interesting information there too. I think your posts could use some images though. The only images you have are the ones in your sidebar links. There are quite a few open source stock image sites where you could download a few pics. It wouldn't hurt.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  8. orangecopper

orangecopper New Member

Zach,

Thanks a ton buddy for taking out sometime to really review my blog. I will certainly start working on one by one, ive made it each as action items. Since this is the initial month, i had plans to work on optimization and load weight. Your review certainly helped.

Thanks again!
    Cheers, Josh

9. orangecopper

orangecopper New Member

Hey Rob,

your suggestion is really good, but i wanted to keep it simple by not using much images, maybe more like a info library. I will certainly try putting up images and look for feed back. Thanks again buddy.

cheers
    Josh

10. zach

zach Member

I agree. I wouldn't add images just to add images. Keep it simple and use images when they add a function benefit to the user. I don't care for web sites that use pointless stock photography in each article.