Pls review my Blogging Strategy website

orangecopper

Dear webmasters,

I have launched a new Blogging Strategy and Internet marketing Blog. I would greatly appreciate your feedback on the same.

Thanks in advance
Josh

flipperman

your site layout looks clean and easy to navigate and i would suggest to move your ads banner to the top of your sidebar to make it looks good

orangecopper

Hey

your site layout looks clean and easy to navigate and i would suggest to move your ads banner to the top of your sidebar to make it looks good

Hey Flipperman,

Thank you for the comment. I really appreciate you taking out time.
Ideally i am going to remove the ads off it as of now. Since this is a new website, i am not planning to use any ads for first 6 month - just content and more quality content. Further only i will think of monetizing.

warm regards
Josh

bcee

Nice design and layout. First it loaded very slow but it may be my connection. I would try to make the header image have the same visual cues and styles as the rest of the site.

orangecopper

Nice design and layout. First it loaded very slow but it may be my connection. I would try to make the header image have the same visual cues and styles as the rest of the site.

I have tested the connection speed, it seems to load fine. I will work on the header suggestion you have given. Appreciate you taking out time for suggestions.

thanks again
josh

zach

First off, lets not kid ourselves.

You used a Wordpress Theme by Elegant Themes. No real point in addressing the design other than your header which doesn't match your theme at all.

Header problems:
  • Font to small
  • To much text
  • Random placement of elements
  • Doesn't match the theme you used
  • Change your anchor to something more useful than 'header'
  • Image needs to be optimized

Nothing I can really say on part of the design, since you didn't design it. I did review your coding and optimization techniques which could use some improvements.

Coding and optimization problems:
  • To many HTTP request (50) - Combine background images, CSS and JavaScript files
  • No expire headers (Over 60 files) - If you add expire headers to all files, you will increase load times and reduce overall bandwidth usage
  • Compress components with GZIP - 7 plain text components that should be sent compressed
  • Optimize your CSS and Javascript Files
  • Compress any images to reduce total weight. You could be saving 77.57 KB of weight.
  • Reduce DNS lookups to at least 4

Best of luck.

Last edited:

RobSmith

I like your blog and you have interesting information there too. I think your posts could use some images though. The only images you have are the ones in your sidebar links. There are quite a few open source stock image sites where you could download a few pics. It wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:

orangecopper

First off, lets not kid ourselves.

You used a Wordpress Theme by Elegant Themes. No real point in addressing the design other than your header which doesn't match your theme at all.

Header problems:
  • Font to small
  • To much text
  • Random placement of elements
  • Doesn't match the theme you used
  • Change your anchor to something more useful than 'header'
  • Image needs to be optimized

Nothing I can really say on part of the design, since you didn't design it. I did review your coding and optimization techniques which could use some improvements.

Coding and optimization problems:
  • To many HTTP request (50) - Combine background images, CSS and JavaScript files
  • No expire headers (Over 60 files) - If you add expire headers to all files, you will increase load times and reduce overall bandwidth usage
  • Compress components with GZIP - 7 plain text components that should be sent compressed
  • Optimize your CSS and Javascript Files
  • Compress any images to reduce total weight. You could be saving 77.57 KB of weight.
  • Reduce DNS lookups to at least 4

Best of luck.

Zach,

Thanks a ton buddy for taking out sometime to really review my blog. I will certainly start working on one by one, ive made it each as action items. Since this is the initial month, i had plans to work on optimization and load weight. Your review certainly helped.

Thanks again!
Cheers, Josh

orangecopper

I like your blog and you have interesting information there too. I think your posts could use some images though. The only images you have are the ones in your sidebar links. There are quite a few open source stock image sites where you could download a few pics. It wouldn't hurt.

Hey Rob,

your suggestion is really good, but i wanted to keep it simple by not using much images, maybe more like a info library. I will certainly try putting up images and look for feed back. Thanks again buddy.

cheers
Josh

zach

Hey Rob,

your suggestion is really good, but i wanted to keep it simple by not using much images, maybe more like a info library. I will certainly try putting up images and look for feed back. Thanks again buddy.

cheers
Josh

I agree. I wouldn't add images just to add images. Keep it simple and use images when they add a function benefit to the user. I don't care for web sites that use pointless stock photography in each article.