Please tell me your thoughts of this design.

benjamin.morgan

Here is an example of the lighter gradient. I created it in photoshop worked much better. Should i stick with lighter or go with darker?
projectstage3lightgradi.png

d a v e

option 3 but basealign the top nav text with the text in the logo adn their underlines with the logo tagline

iniedrauer

The way you layout the content will go a long ways toward determining the end result. A lot of people stick "Under Construction" in their site, make a visual design they like, get some compliments, and then just paste a bunch of random sized text in the content fields. Make sure you consider the content as part of the design.

That being said though, while it isn't there yet, unbelievable improvement from the first picture to the most current. You should round up all the web design newbies that you can and teach a class on teachability. That's a ridiculously strong trait in learning this field of work.

Good job.

benjamin.morgan

I will work on aligning the border with the tagline of logo and the text with logo test. The client insists sticking with darker gradient. :confused:

d a v e

logo looks low quality - fix that asap ;)

italic address looks like faux italic - i.e. normal text that's made to look like italics - i would lose the italics on it

try a bit of lorum ipsum in there until you have your real content
http://lipsum.com/
what happened to the guy and other menu from the screenshots?

d a v e

you need to do this in a graphics application so it is exactly the right size (keep the original as a copy)

where is the original from? the client? it's poor quality - looks like it was a jpeg too and has some compression artefacts in it (crappy bits) and the silver-grey outlining is poorly done - can you get a better original from them - preferably as an illustrator .ai or a photoshop .psd?

a poor quality logo is going to do nothing to inspire trust or confidence in the whole site or brand ;)

if you can find out the fonts i can recreate it for you if you like

d a v e

image - mode - RGB color
image - size IF you have a later version of photoshop that gives you the choice of choosing the type of bicubic resizing then choose bicubic sharper, reduction. if not then resize it then use unsharp mask around 40-50 and a radius of about 1.5-2.

benjamin.morgan

I will resize the logo once i get the psd file from the client. Is there anything you can suggest to help me add a flair to the site and spruce it up?

benjamin.morgan

Not sure how to resize in Illustrator. It won't let me attach it in here. I can email it to you if you want to see if you can do it. When I export it from illustrator as a psd it makes it transparent and trims whitespace. I need it sized to 200px in width and 100px in height

d a v e

group everything. make sure you have the Transform palette open
and click the chain icon so lines appear above and below it to indicate that that the dimensions are constrained. type 200px into the width

go to Object - Artboards - fit to Arboard bounds

File - save for web and devices.