please review my website

bermuda

Your site has been purely developed in Flash environment. Of course it has a professional style and appeal but I believe it gives people and net audience a kind of puzzling sensation at the same time. You know, when visiting your site, after the Flash presentation loads fully, visitors would find a black background, some colorful links placed at the left of their screens and a cartoon on the right. They still do not know what information is available for them and which subjects have been covered.

Your title section too demands to get edited up to a degree. At present it just represents your domain name, without telling visitors or search engines just what points, keywords and information are available on your website and its internal pages. Adding some text messages at the top of your homepage will help visitors figuring out what materials can be found on your site. Perhaps, you consider to use a few text lines, in plain format so that they can get indexed in a better way.

constanthosting

The site looks very nice but it seems like every other link I clicked on I received a loading screen and had to wait. This could deter a lot of people from navigating around your site.

Manganix

MasterCombo.com

Thx for the feedback, but how to cope with this 'loading' matter?

The page needs to load anyway, preloader or not (isn't it)?
At least the preloader is some animation you can set your eyes on and it gives an indication about what is left to be loaded.

What do you suggest to avoid this? Can't remove all content to limit the data that needs to be loaded? All ideas/suggestions welcome.

Thx.

PS: does it realy take that much time to load? When access my website online, the loading is very fast, matter of 2-3 secs.

Trevor

Its not my style, but im not your target demographic either, for your target demographic it is probably ideal. the page load times were a tad high but nothing to stress over in my opinion. If i was you i would keep an eye on your analytics and see if the avg time on site is low or not. That would be a good indicator of the effect the load times have on your users

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is nothing there that needs it to even be in flash. So remove the flash and rebuild smartly.
I can handle 1 "loading" screen, but it does it on every click, even for flash, thats poorly structured.
Flash is such an old outdated way of doing things, if you want to be perceived as a dinosaur stick with it, otherwise back to the drawingboard!

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
And yes it took on average 11 seconds per page.
You have it all cached hence why your load time is smaller.

Manganix

thanks all for the feedback.

@Phreaddee: I guess you're not a Flash-fan! Thanks to you too for the feedback, but I think you should try not to break down an effort _even it's poor and not professional, etc..._ but try to give constructive feedback. Yours is very poorly and unfriendly formulated feedback ... which isn't going to make you achieve / get done a GODDamn thing, imho.

I'm just getting started with this webdesign thing as a hobby. Next step is HTML.

Honestly if you come on here asking for an opinion, that’s what your going to get. Frankly I fail to see where he broke down an effort. Flash for the web is (bottom line) a bad idea, even Adobe has come to that conclusion as they have embraced html5. You don't want honest feedback, then don't ask for it.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
how did I fail?

I told you that the load time for me was 11 sec per page.
I also informed you of the fact as to why YOUR load time was shorter than most.

As someone who has in the past made many flash websites, I understand how they need to be constructed to work effectively on the web.
I informed you of the fact that the way you made your flash file was in fact incorrect.

Yes, I don't like flash and for a very good reason. It chews up way too much resources and is not seo friendly, by reloading every page it not only chews up further resources, but drives the visitor crazy.

I also mentioned that your site indeed does not need to use flash at all based on the content provided. I perhaps should have pointed you in the direction of jquery but...

All in all, I perhaps may have been not exactly "friendly" in my response, but honestly I don't care, I'm not here to stroke your ego, never have and never will, if you take constructive criticism as an insult than that's your own prerogative...not my issue.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks all for the feedback.

@Phreaddee: I guess you're not a Flash-fan! Thanks to you too for the feedback, but I think you should try not to break down an effort _even it's poor and not professional, etc..._ but try to give constructive feedback. Yours is very poorly and unfriendly formulated feedback ... which isn't going to make you achieve / get done a GODDamn thing, imho.

I'm just getting started with this webdesign thing as a hobby. Next step is HTML.

Put your big girl panties on. Just because you worked super hard on your painfully overdone flash monster and you feel really good about it doesn't mean everyone is going to shower you with praise and validate you. You asked for a review. Truth is, the vast majority of web designers frown upon full page flash sites. Aside from being slow to load and an SEO nightmare, they're generally gaudy and horribly overdone. You have to consider your visitors when you create websites, not just your whims. With the advent of jQuery, there is really no need to use flash for anything but video, and even that's on its way out.