Please review a site for me

Healthy

From a design standpoint I like it. It looks very good.

I would change the naming conventions though and have a distinct, About, Booking, Links pages more like the original sites naming convention.

Also Personally I would change the way the content is worded. For instance on the booking page I would get rid of the "apart from this website I do not advertise, so there is a fair chance of getting a weekend booking." part and there was some other stuff that didn't strike me as portraying the right attitude.

whirlybird20

From a design standpoint I like it. It looks very good.

I would change the naming conventions though and have a distinct, About, Booking, Links pages more like the original sites naming convention.

Also Personally I would change the way the content is worded. For instance on the booking page I would get rid of the "apart from this website I do not advertise, so there is a fair chance of getting a weekend booking." part and there was some other stuff that didn't strike me as portraying the right attitude.

The wording was just copied from his old website at http://westbayfishing.com, but I will try to make the changes that you suggested.

Thanks for your feed back!

Joel

Healthy

The wording was just copied from his old website at http://westbayfishing.com, but I will try to make the changes that you suggested.

Thanks for your feed back!

Joel

I know and hands down the new design is a major improvement. I just think the text should be more authoritative though as opposed to submissive.

I would try to talk your client out of using the fish hook cursor too ;)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think the site looks good, but I would add more text content on the mainpage and use a smaller font.

Nadia

Hi Joel:

I'll critique from negative to positive.

The bad: The gallery link is the most visually entertaining part of your site, yet it takes me away from the page format and into an entirely new window. This is very annoying. I ended up with a number of open tabs/windows. I would take the time to make a page for each pic and keep it in the parent window. You are leading your visitors into a tab/window frenzied experience!

The type is a little too big. Not clean looking.

The outer glow on the logo either needs and outline (black,gray or white; 1 px) because it otherwise looks blurry, or go altogether.

Can you make the shadow/outer glow around the main frame bigger? I see it's there, but just barely. You need the dimension so as to not look so flat.

Not perfectly aligned. The background shouldn't 'bounce" when I jump from link to link. Watch out for your margins.

The good: I really like your banners on each link. Adds variety and interest.

I love the photo gallery (although see above). The trip looks like so much fun! Get me enthused/inspired with more panoramic images!

I like the aesthetics altogether. Nicely planned!

-Nadia