Photoshop vs PaintShopPro, which one to get??

ablaye

Hello,
I need a good graphic software and I have been contemplating buying either JASC Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Photoshop.
Has anyone tried both softwares and can recommend which one to get??

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Cant go wrong with photoshop, it is one of, if not the best graphics program out there, but price wise I dont know which represents the better value.

AunStudio

In My opinion...

Photoshop has always been miles beyond the competition. It may be a little more expensive and a bit more difficult to learn, but on the other hand you'll find much more related resources online...

compumodo

get photoshop elements if your concerned about price.

if your concern is the learning curve, all are quite easy to learn, harder to master, paint shop being the least hard to master becuase it lacks more advanced features.

if you just want the best one, photoshop CS2 is what you want, If you get the CS2 creative suite, you also get a bunch of other great programs to go along with it including GoLiveCS2 which is a great web development software, often over looked by dreamweaver fans, which is now also owned by adobe

Wingnut

hey photoshop is far and away better than anything out there. email me and ill set you up with a copy really cheap as well as a tutorial on how to that can get you started. im not some gimmick sales guy just someone who was in your shoes. ill mail you a cd rom of the stuff.

[email protected] please refer to our post when emailing me. I can do this for anyone who reads it no problem

dismaldonkey

I must agree with the majority. If the cost isn't a factor you should go with photoshop. But it could come down to what you need it for, you say you need good graphic software, what do you intend to use it for? as an alternative you could always try gimp. I haven't used it myself but have heard good reports about it (and it's free!)

John84

Im biased as I have never tried paintshop pro, but thats because I see no need to try any other after photoshop.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i first started out using paint shop pro, despite having a copy of photoshop at my disposal. i found a paint shop pro to be much easier to use and what i learned using it also later helped me to get into photoshop.

for the price paint shop pro is a good application. however, i really wouldn't consider it an alternative to photoshop. these two programs cater to complete different market segments, which reflects greatly in the pricing as well. photoshop is a professional image manipulation tool used in the corporate world, while paint shop pro caters more to your average home user.

however, i last used paint shop pro when they were still on version 2.x. so my views might be entirely accurate.

BioSpherical

Photoshop but only because I have only had experience (and not much) with older versions of PaintShopPro. Also, from other people's opinions, Photoshop is better overall.