Photoshop or Illustrator

Which program do you prefer to use

• Photoshop

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Illustrator

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

Modern_Media

Both is my only vote because they each serve a specific purpose in design.

Illustrator - logo design (those who use photoshop for logos are sucka's) and other vector artwork.

Photoshop - for almost any image manipulation and website layout design.

mrandrei

Photoshop! I had a hard time using Illustrator. Photoshop is very good in photo manipulation and even in making design layouts. There are a lot of things you can do with this software.

FastBack

I've never used any other program, but photoshop has done everything I've ever needed. It seemed complicated when I started using it, and I don't believe begginers will be great without time. Overall never seen a program that can give the same features for the price.

EverplexMedia

I vote Photoshop, but it really depends on your needs. For example, for actually drawing a logo, Illustrator offers more features; one of the largest differences in my experience is that the Pen tool offers much more features and diversity in Illustrator. However, for photo editing and manipulation, Illustrator is quite useless in many respects.

omglookitsagoat

I usually prefer illustrator, but depending on what it is, you need photoshop. For example, editing a photograph's colors or certain styles of illustration.

SplitElement

The two programs have different strengths and should be used to maximize them. I use Illustrator for anything logo/icon related. I use Photoshop for all photo adjustments & web layouts. I would estimate that I use both programs equally, and I feel 100% proficient in both.

The most popular is probably Photoshop, but I think that is mainly because most newbs learn it first and just stick with it.

ShanePhoto

At the moment I would just use photoshop. I've tried to use illustrator before, but didn't have enough motivation to fully get to grips with the program.

I really do want to learn how to use illustrator.

che09

I prefer PS. As far as popularity is concerned they are both well known but PS is more that I can handle! ;)

ranjaan

both will help for gud design but am more familiar with photo shop, it was very helpful for editing picture when am designing interfaces..

bloomingvine

I find photoshop most easy to work with and have been using it for about ten years on my own. Now however, being a graphic design student, I love switching between the two, but rely on photoshop for effects. I use illustrator for creating line drawings without shaky edges.