Personal Site

iniedrauer

Isaac Niedrauer

I've worked for a couple design firms, and freelanced on my own for several years, but never had my own site. I finally sucked it up and put one together. Your thoughts and feedback are welcome:

http://www.isaacniedrauer.com

Last edited:

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like it. It's clean, simple and to the point. A couple of considerations:

Modern designs, especially a designer's portfolio, need some sort of interactivity. I'm not talking about flash, or super nifty custom jQuery widgets or whatzits. I'm just talking about subtle visual cues that let me know I'm hovering over something that I can interact with. Most specifically, I'm talking about links and buttons. It doesn't need to be major, and doesn't need to be standard. Most either change the background color, text color or underline. You could do something as subtle as making the nav links jump up 3 or 4 px when hovered.

Need to add a favicon.

Fireproofgfx

I like your site and it's simplicity and at the same time catchy. I agree with Ronald that it could use a little interaction to it. I am not sure your self portrait works, maybe if you pen tooled/vectored yourself I think it would look a lot better and artistic at the same time. I am going to add it to my encouraging website folder. Good job!

che09

I so like your site. The color combination is nice,it speaks a lot of you as a designer. I was hoping to see your 'work' but then I understand,I just hope next time I visit your site your 'work' will be included! :) Generally,I like what I'm seeing in your site! Good Job!

Edge

Nice modern looking site - now get some content on it and turn it into something amazing!

iniedrauer

Thanks for the feedback y'all. I will look at adding a rollover to the lead nav.

Regarding the "classic" look. No. But thanks.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
"classic" design. Love it!
Your design is nice, your own personality and humour also is a refreshing change.
Although it will certainly have more punch to it, once you put up some portfolio examples.
I like your colour set, and the layout is quite pleasing.
Code appears quite tidy as well.

Bambi

I really like the color scheme of your site. The photo you have on your homepage seems out of place though (with that foil type of filter on it). I enjoy the simplicity overall of it.