onlineshop? i need help!

amaryllis

Hey Guys!

I've come here because of a question concerning onlineshopping and ecommerce systems. I guess you're way more professional than I am and maybe you could help me. :D I'm terribly sorry if I'm in some kind of wrong section or anything, be kind :)

Well, my problem is this; my boss wants me to get an onlineshop for our upcomming website. But well... I don't know anything about onlineshops. I've looked around on the internet and found some "Onlineshop for free!"- provider...but I kinda think that this is just crap, right? Our shop should be somewhat professional and trusting. I have litte HTML skills and cannot make it myself. the ones offered by some agencys are sooo expensive. you know, it's always the same; you need the best quality for the lowest price out there :/

But well, I recently found this website, http://www.i-shop-in-shop.com, but sadly its in german so you won't understand what it's about - it's a company that offeres onlineshops for way less money than other agencys. and, plus, they have already a huge selection featured on their shops - for free. in addidion I could add our own selection.

But well - I talked to the support on the phone and they were very nice and stuff but well, they're always nice, aren't they? ;P Of course the girl on the phone wanted me to buy something... so I thought I'd better ask some pro's, right? :)

what do you think? should I buy this kind of onlineshop? Have you ever heard of this before? Would you buy this? If not - why not?

Thank you veery much in advance :D

ddt

Well, you get what you pay for. It takes a lot of work to make an efficient online store. I would have to say though, Volusion offers a great online shop for low cost. You can have a free trial to learn how to edit it and set it up. comes with great support and chat service for all your questions.

http://www.volusion.com/

Hope this helps. But as always, I recommend going with a established web developer.

soul2skin

I have hosting with 64bithost and you can automatically load shopping carts into your site and have everything looking nice and professional in 5 min. and anytime I have questions I can call and one of the guys will help me out.

cant beat that kind of service.

ddt

Yes, I agree with OrangeCopper, there are many great free open source programs. You can use any of them. Some harder than others. I just gave you the recommendation of Volusion, because it is so simple and supported by techs. If something goes wrong they fix it not you. I just dont know your experience level so.... You can try Joomla, ZenCart, volusion, ect...

Hope some of this stuff helps

jonweb2009

It is too much costly to buy those shoppin cart services offered by other hosting companies.

You can use free open sources applications like

www.nopcommerce.com
www.zencart.com
www.oscommerce.com

you have to download and install it, Or u could hire a freelancer to build it for you. Then you can manage the shopping cart in the backend by yourself.

It saves 1000's of dollars for your investment