Old IE versions for testing website's look and behaves

smoovo

I'm using IE Tester. It comes with IE5.5 to IE8, you can open new tabs of different versions.

Very useful for design, and Javascript behaves... Ohh, and it's free.

anna

Wow that has to be better than the multiple towers I have at my desk for ie6,7,and 8... I'll look into that, thanks!

smoovo

NP.

I'm looking forward to the day when there will be only ONE browser that will update itself... (never gonna happen)

Last edited by a moderator:

bcee

Smoov you have a link? I have been using Spoon's cloud apps and they are okay, but I would prefer something MADE for IE testing; oh ya free doesn't hurt.

talitakdmnn

Hi smoovo,
What I do is get VMWare Workstation.
Get your Windows XP CD. Install xp into a new Virtual machine.
Then copy it and use different copies for different versions of software.

I have 1 Virtual machine for IE6 and Outlook 2003
Another virtual machine for IE7 and Outlook 2007
And probably next year ill make one for IE8 and Office 2010.

Then I can test old IE as well as email templates in different versions of outlook. :)

The best part is you can give these VMs to other work collegues so they can test as well without asking for your help.

Another great VM app is Virtualbox.org

http://www.vmware.com/
http://virtualbox.org/

Good luck!

kferg328

The new dreamweaver testing screens are pretty sweet too... onion skinning has changed everything in my own opinion

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm using IE Tester. It comes with IE5.5 to IE8, you can open new tabs of different versions.

Very useful for design, and Javascript behaves... Ohh, and it's free.

+1 Good product I use it also. It is prone to crashing now and then but hey, for the price, who can complain? :p

smoovo

ye, from some reason it crush sometimes or in IE7 it doesn't open the url... :confused:

But as PixelPusher said, It's free, and effective, so who cares.. :rolleyes: