NMPOC rev. 4.0 alpha vs. NMPOC rev. 3.0 - opinions please

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have been working on a new revision of the "New Mexico Probe Owners Club" web site. It's been a work in progress for quiet some time. primarily because i didn't do anything for months at a time, but that's another story in itself. :cool:

the first link is of the current site/layout. it's two years old now i think. i would like you to view this one first as a basis of comparison.

www.nmpoc.com

ok, now on to the new goods. basically i just re-skinned the old site and then went in and redid most of the backend and usercp as well as a brand spanking new admincp which is still in the works. i am still missing a few things here and thier, but it's finally starting to come together. (btw, i know i mispelled archives in the header :p)

http://nmpoc.cluelessbot.com/nmpoc/index.asp

so, what do you think? am i moving in the right direction? i am always open to constructive criticism and suggestions. thanks. :)

also here is a quick sneak peak of the admincp. :D (sorry, the rest is top secret!)

Attachments

• nmpoc-layout-rev0004admincp.jpg
    nmpoc-layout-rev0004admincp.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
also, the log in box changes into a member options menu once logged in. the admincp option only appears for those users that fall into the admin user group.

Attachments

• logged-in.jpg
    logged-in.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 36

StephanieCordray

I like the header of the new one better than the old one but i like the color of the old one better... at least the background... i'm fond of that color for some reason... one thing about the header though, it's kind of "in you face"... rather large but otherwise the second one is the better choice... I like the image at the bottom too.

One thing I don't like on both sites because it's the same pic is the parking lot view... I wish it was sharper and clearer... it looks rather dark and gloomy.

Ummm... did you know you misspelled archives in the header? :p

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think the new site looks much better.
I think it is a little big though.
And the login area blends too well with the other images, so much that it doesnt really stand out very well. If it had a darker background around the login area graphics area which differentiated from the rest of the image, it would stand out better.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
agree, that the login area blends a bit to much with the rest of the header image. i was contemplating increasing the opacity a bit and possibly adding some form of drop shadow to it in order to make it stand out more.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing I don't like on both sites because it's the same pic is the parking lot view... I wish it was sharper and clearer... it looks rather dark and gloomy.
i know what you mean. i'll eventually get around to switching it out for another image. just not something has been very high on my priorities list.