newbie help needed - title on index page

I have 2 domain names for a friends small business - ledcrieff.co.uk and ledcrieff.com

I have both names registered with easily.co.uk - The site is hosted on my own webspace provided by my ISP (blueyonder) The domain name is redirected there.

I have gained some knowledge of basic design for my site and have recently completely redesigned all the pages. This included changing the page title and meta tags to hopefully allow search engines to find the site. However much I change the look and content of the site the page title for each domain doesn't change. Tech help from easily state that this is because I am masking the url and using frames for forwarding ? I have tried changing it but doesn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:)

DLPerry

I have 2 domain names for a friends small business - ledcrieff.co.uk and ledcrieff.com

I have both names registered with easily.co.uk - The site is hosted on my own webspace provided by my ISP (blueyonder) The domain name is redirected there.

I have gained some knowledge of basic design for my site and have recently completely redesigned all the pages. This included changing the page title and meta tags to hopefully allow search engines to find the site. However much I change the look and content of the site the page title for each domain doesn't change. Tech help from easily state that this is because I am masking the url and using frames for forwarding ? I have tried changing it but doesn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:)

Off the top of my head, the only way to change what is displayed in the title field of a viewers browser is to edit the title of the final page that is actually displayed. Edits to the title of the redirected page will have no effect.

That said -- I'm thinking there may be a scripted option, but I cannot bring it up from memory at this moment. :confused: If I think of it I'll post it. :)

--dlp