New Website (Gaming)

AsheSkyler

I also understand that some people feel the need to be pricks just to make themselves feel better.

Like how you just spammed four different threads created by people who had nothing to do with you getting your panties up your ass?

Shadee

Like how you just spammed four different threads created by people who had nothing to do with you getting your panties up your ass?

I'm helping people, as approved by Phreaddee. Take it up with him/her if you have a problem.

EDIT: Stop being an ass. I did not approve shit.

Last edited by a moderator:

webstudent123

Final Thoughts

Alright Shady, to begin here I want you to understand that my original reply to your post for 'reviews' was just that, a review. I looked at your website and unlike most of my review posts I did not go into details as to what need to be addressed bit by bit. There was simply too much wrong with it. As you stated you utilized WP for the site I figured you might be open to utilizing another theme that happens to be created by one of the most solid WP theme providers on the market. I even went so far as to find one of theirs that was 'gaming' related.

I also apologized ahead of time incase my original assumption may have been incorrect.

Had you said this and left it there I may have never responded again to you and that would have been it:
No. This was literally not even remotely helpful. I only wish I had the ability to unread things.
But that just wasn't enough for you. You had to come back and let your colors show with this:
Edit: On a sidenote, whats the punishment for advertising on forums like this? Seems kinda shady.

First off, as you may notice on 80% of users signatures advertising is a constant. Every post I post has my advertisement on it as well. However, what you were referring to was the link I gave. In which case you may have also meant to use the term 'spam', not 'advertise'-
I may have maintained more composure on my initial reply had that been all you uttered, but your ignorant spew continued to flow with this remark:
I'd hate for other users to think that it was some sort of actual good advice or something.
That's when I may have flew off the hinges a bit. To everyone else I apologize if my tone was unsettling in my response.
Wordpress in my opinion is an excellent tool to be utilized by both designers and people in the need of website that may want to save a bit.
My advice to you was to jumpstart your site to a professional look by utilizing the best WP theme provider I have ever found.
See for yourself:
http://wpstyles.org/
http://www.wphell.com/blog/top-10-wp-themes-providers/
http://www.agentwp.com/premium-wordpress-themes
http://www.themegrade.com/top-10-best-theme-providers/
http://wpthemesdaily.com/best-wordpress-themes-providers/
http://wp.smashingmagazine.com/2011/04/20/detailed-comparison-of-premium-wordpress-theme-clubs/
http://bloggingexperiment.com/best-wordpress-themes

I only wish someone would have steered me into such a direction when I started down the road of utilizing wordpress themes.
I had to crack encrypted footers of free themes multiple times which is a big pain in the ***

My apologies, I thought this forum was for reviewing websites. I was unaware that it was here to insult website designers and providing no other feedback other than to complain about their work. I suggest you spend some time researching how feedback can be given in a helpful manner, or excuse yourself to a part of the forums that is reserved for anger and insults (assuming one exists). This is not 4chan. Please respect other people regardless of your personal issues.
Your reply to my response was the 'insult' that set this off-
How about the feedback you have now given to 'TheLilly' & 'wilhorse' - yes, you have posted a reply that was deemed
1. that's not rude or offensive.
2. and it's not spam
3. and it's not advertising.
but it was a review for YOUR website, not theirs- yet you re-posted it and possibly confused them with no regard-

General Rules
1. Rude, offensive or threatening comments will not be tolerated! The WDF (Web Design Forum) staff has a zero tolerance policy on forum wars.
And this was not rude:
I'd hate for other users to think that it was some sort of actual good advice or something.

Ok. In an effort to keep this thread on track so that the people who were being decent and helpful can continue doing so, I'm just gonna let it go.

But did you? The following evidence would suggest otherwise:

Why an experienced web developer feels the need to come into a newbie area to shit on fresh designers is beyond me, but if that's what makes him feel good about himself and it's what the mods support, then more power to him. I suppose the lesson I learned here is that if I ever feel the need to respond to a "review my website" post, I should simply link them to a website with paid templates, tell them they're a beginner and they should give up on trying, and just use something someone better than them made.
webstudent123's post was not feedback. Feedback takes the ability to intelligently write out your thoughts and opinions into sentences, in order to explain them to another person.
Technically feedback can be as simple as "its horrible" - check your dictionary, then yourself

You then continued to post my exact review for your website on two other threads defending it as
I'm helping people, as approved by Phreaddee. Take it up with him/her if you have a problem.
At no point in his reply did he say my post was helpful-

For the record you began your insolent rude comments long before I ever got on the thread, ie:
Also no navigation clearly means that I haven't created the navigation yet, but thank you (I guess?) for pointing that out.
No, no navigation is just that, it does not 'mean' anything. Your reply should have simply been: 'im working on the nav' or something to that effect, not a smart a** remark like "thanks (i guess)"

This will be my last post on this thread. Your welcome to the last word-

Last edited:
Holy poo. I leave for a while for school and some projects and come back to this. BTW.. I'm with Phreaddee, I'm more offended by the use of templates. I have been doing consulting work with some guys who use them trying to slap there wrists to stop them.

webstudent123

Gotta Ask

Holy poo. I leave for a while for school and some projects and come back to this. BTW.. I'm with Phreaddee, I'm more offended by the use of templates. I have been doing consulting work with some guys who use them trying to slap there wrists to stop them.

Before I go into why I think templates are a very viable option for many reasons, especially for those who may only need to utilize one website...

Why is it you are so against templates, or "offended" by them for that matter?

I imagine you have defended this position in the past, if so please link me to that thread.

Thanks

Before I go into why I think templates are a very viable option for many reasons, especially for those who may only need to utilize one website...

Why is it you are so against templates, or "offended" by them for that matter?

I imagine you have defended this position in the past, if so please link me to that thread.

Thanks

Because it’s cheating... isn't it?? I’m offended by them because I see many people use nothing BUT templates and say “hey look what I did"... no... look what someone did FOR you. I have worked with 2 other people who want their template to do this or that... well... guess what... it cant.. or in fact it CAN but I have to strip away so much that it becomes something that you should have just paid me for in the first place because now the cost is double because I have to find out what this template designer did, because out of the 3 I have assisted with all 3 are coded COMPLETLY different, and fix it to do what you want.

So sure... you can get content up quickly and have a cookie cutter site up... good for you. Bravo... if it’s not responsive... can you make it that way.... are you SURE??? Can you incorporate something that ISNT a plug in that’s not already coded in easily, and again... are you SURE. I spent the last 3 months helping out 2 guys who are AWSOME and in the heat of wanting to get a project done went a template route and it was nothing but a headache. If you want to use other peoples work and call yourself a developer/designer... knock yourself out but to me, it’s a little too close to plagiarism, and this is kind of turning into a thread jack anyway so I apologize, but a question was asked. I don’t feel the need to go back thru my however-many-posts to see if I took a stance on this before; suffice to say I am now.

Shadee

I've calmed down, deleted my spam posts, and I'd like to apologize to everyone who had to put up with this crap. Thank you so so much to everyone who posted helpful tips and links in this thread! I took a few days off from working on the site and needed to just relax, quit being stressed, and stop responding out of anger. I'll be working on the site today and will post an update of some sort when it's in a reasonable and not complete shit state!

HireLogo

Does this cool things down or trigger a riot...i dunno, but here goes...

Never done a gaming type logo before..a bit lost, but oh well.

There is far to much reading for me to stay focused on this post...it seems as if tempers have been flying though...

doggone.png

If you want to link to my site I'll take it...if not, no worries...its free to use. Just messing around.